rf2 closes by itself - :(

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Flavio Giunchi, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Flavio Giunchi

Flavio Giunchi Registered

Hello, I have a serious problem: I have been playing online for months (during the races after about 40 minutes) the game closes without any error message and I am on the desktop.
    I have tried to format the pc, I have updated all the drivers, I have checked the integrity of the files, but I cannot solve the problem I have had since November 2021. I am really desperate. Please help me

2. svictor

svictor Registered

Maybe check hardware see if they are working in normal condition, such as SSD/HDD (hard disk failure can crash game), CPU & GPU temperature within normal range, has enough RAM & VRAM.

Alternatively, switch to an older version of rf2 see if crash disappears (old UI version is still playable offline).

3. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

4. Flavio Giunchi

checked the temperatures and the gpu reaches max 61 ° while the cpu at 69 °
    I checked the temperatures and the gpu reaches max 61 ° while the cpu at 69 °
    Hardware:
    i9 9900kf
    Asus Strix Rog 3080
    16GB Ram 4000mhz
    SSD M.2 NVMe

I also eliminated the overclocking of cpu, ram and gpu, but the problem remains.
    Clarification: I only play online and do championships, when I do free practice on the servers never no problem, on the evening of the race, I calmly qualify and start the race, but after about 40/50 minutes the game closes.

5. redapg

redapg Registered

@Flavio Giunchi Did it work properly before November 2021?
    And is it the same, when you do an offline Race, with an Amount of AI Cars, similar to the Amount of Participants in the online Race?

6. Flavio Giunchi

Before October / November (I don't remember well) never had any problems. I tried an offline race with 25 AI I didn't have any problems. The thing I don't understand is that when I connect to the server (same as the race) to do the tests, nothing ever happens, while at each race the game closes. I specify that it happens to me on several servers, not just one

7. redapg

redapg Registered

@Flavio Giunchi Maybe it's really the best Option, to do what @Seven Smiles has posted "in short" :) above and to send some Log Files, from when it happens, to S397.

8. Flavio Giunchi

ok, thanks