I dont feel the "amazing fbb"

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Chikokishi, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Chikokishi

Chikokishi Registered

Installed rfactor2 yesterday, I am using a g27 racing wheel.

Ive combed the settings and forums trying to get FFB to work on this wheel, but the best feeling i can get is just a static (overly stiff) resistance to turning. No detail, no bumps, no sliding, no counter steer... nothing at all.

If i set the limiting to "software" mode, i only get about 2 degrees of wheel rotation between full left and full right. It seems to have a very active FFB however... in those 2 degrees.

if i set it to "device driver" i dont get any soft lock or FFB detail, but the rotation is mostly correct.

I also drive ACC, AC, PC2, Raceroom, AM2... the FFB in these games work as expected on this wheel.

What can i do to fix this?

2. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

[​IMG] I have a G25, very similar. This is what my setup screen looks like, my FF is indeed great. Good Luck!
    [​IMG]

atomed likes this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I can't shake the feeling I've read that first post before, but assuming it's not some weird spam/troll thing:

@Chikokishi show your G27 profiler settings as well.

In the game, reassign Steer Left and Steer Right, and check in the Calibration screen that the movement is correct when you turn the wheel from lock to lock. Screenshot the calibration screen so we can see there's no issues there.

Then also make sure you don't have steering help enabled (F1 in the car, or somewhere in the settings)

4. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Have you got the centering spring turned off in the Logitec profiler?

5. Rastas

Rastas Registered

I use a G27 and is great,no issues at all :)

6. Chikokishi

Chikokishi Registered

the weirdest thing happened today.

I was running a lap and the control were acting just as they had been (stiff, no detail) then i hit the sidewall and suddenly i had very detailed (and very soft) ffb.

After turning the % back up it started to behave more like FFB should.

Why would hitting a wall cause this change? Also, i dont know if itll last through a pc restart, havnt tried yet.

Attached Files:

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Ah! We can always tell the rF newbies...yer SUPPOSED to hit walls now & then.....
    Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Actually the one thing about rF2 you will have to shake is that all your other sims work normally while rF2 is a persnickity troublemaker.
    rF2 does not operate the same way as other sims when physics & FFB are concerned so common setups often have to be cast aside. (by setup I mean the in-game settings for wheels & pedals etc.)
    I haven't had a Logitech in a long time so I'm probably too foggy to remember the best settings, but in the profiler, turn down the damping (A LOT!) and try reducing the centering spring. (even though the box is un-checked) In the game, you look to have most of the settings correct, the first two lines of the Steering Settings look odd to me though, I don't recall seeing that option of 204. Perhaps that is confusing things. Try changing the 1st line, the device driver to a different setting. Again, I may have never tried that option so I'm unfamiliar with it.
    I guess we should ask about which car you are testing with, 'MOST' of the rF2 cars behave somewhat similarly, except for the Mercedes GT3. (that car is an outlier and should be avoided until you are satisfied with how your hardware is communicating to you)

8. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

G27 user here here are my settings >>

g27.PNG

20220330003541_1.jpg
    *In profiler you can go for 100% in overall effects strength if u want BUT rest just do as I did.

*Car specific multiplier is again how strong u want it, in above picture is of formula pro car. so u can increase this for stronger force.

*minimum steering torque can be increase a little too.

I have no problems at all with G27, only problem is the driver now ;).

atomed and Tucker Fleming like this.
  9. Chikokishi

Chikokishi Registered

Im a long time Star citizen backer... I know all about games bein a btch to set up haha. Thanks for the insight everyone

davehenrie likes this.