The true BMW M2 CS is in ACC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by adi rany, Mar 24, 2022.

1. adi rany

adi rany Registered

I posted several weeks ago a post about the wrong sound of the bmw m2 cs and I said if the sound is not correctly simulated what about the other parts.

It seems that acc is giving me reason here.

What must we think about rf2 then guys in terms of simulation.

2. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

Acc got sound right thats for sure.
    there also new electronic physics , automatic brake bias...which is quite cool.
    I still would have said that rf2 has better tyre physics as i think generally compared to ACC but not too sure in this particular content.
    there is also "lightness/weightless " feeling complaints by many people...but i don't know what causes it.
    so yea objectively speaking ACC version is better.
    But
    if S397 decided to upgrade the sound, fix tyres & weightless issues
    we have a good battle then, even if rf2 don't add sophisticated electronic physics.

3. adi rany

adi rany Registered

But these are two completely different cars.

Studio 397 say that they work in close collaboration with bmw with official data.

When you say upgrade you surely mean correct. Are these people lying to us.

4. Filip

Filip Registered

In what sense are these cars completely different apart from sound?

5. Simulation_Player

No i don't think S397 lies, this won't go well otherwise for many reasons.
    Perhaps they didn't get the opportunity to record the real car so that could explain wrong sound.
    What i think happens is S397 team is quite small to mend all the issues they have at their hand, so stuff gets pushed forward.

6. adi rany

adi rany Registered

I really want to hear some explanation from rf2 staff.

7. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Registered

pretty sure Kunos' team isn't any bigger

8. Simulation_Player

ye kunos is no AAA team either, interesting to see such drastic pace difference.....no idea how to explain it.
    S397 can keep up with them in terms of chucking out new content, but core gameplay, physics improvements and fixes, bugfixes etc thats where i see major difference.

avenger82 likes this.
  9. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I have both all the content in ACC and rFactor 2.
    I admit ACC is far more polished, and the rain and night are gorgeous.
    Can't wait to see what rFactor 2 can bring us, cause ACC raises the level very high.

PirroC and mesfigas like this.
  10. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

Kunos' work is admirable, all companies work for profit, this company is no different but his work is done with passion. It is incredible how each detail of each car works and how Aris enjoys his work. I think I read that Kunos increased his staff to create ACC, I would not be surprised, the pace of work is very different from that of s397. Kunos created a brand new game around the time that s397 released an alpha interface.

PirroC likes this.
  11. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

That's complete nonesense and you you know it. ACC and rF2 are very different products, especialy in terms of scale. You are comparing a sandbox game with a very focused product that features only modern GT cars. If that's the stuff that you want to race till the end of your time, then you are propably right in using ACC. But it has it's own limits obviously. And going by your argument I could argue that S397 worked on more projects than Kunos. Kunos used an established AAA engine while S397 has rewritten big parts of rF2. Each has it's pros and cons obviously. There are rumors that Kunos will propably go back to using their own inhouse engine for AC2, so the cons might be far more servere than we think.

Anyway, the reason why the car in ACC is more polished could be simply down to the fact that there wasn't that much data available when the car was created for rF2. The car was brand new when it was released for rF2. How many years have passed since the release? Over two years if I am not completely off the mark.

GertjanD likes this.
  12. Simulation_Player

What big projects do you speak of ?
    When S397 got their hands on rf2 the only major thing they did was QSA tyre model.
    well in terms of sheer physics improvements you compare it to ACC .....no hate on S397 but it's not even a contest.
    From the time of AC1 to ACC the list of physics changes is objectively bigger than rf2 in similar time/years.

Also what rewritten parts you speak of ? new UI ? or CS ? graphics ?..surely they are big task but kunos on other hand did all that PLUS gameplay and physics too !

This point is nonsense sorry, just because ACC focused on GT cars doesn't make it less of a accomplishment ,infact those GT cars in ACC capture wayyy more fine small details than any other paid dlc in RF2.(hell rf2 don't even have very basic working interior lights, which is not something that requires quantum computing to simulate).

Also another thing AC1 was sandbox as well, so its not like they can't do it.

So in the end if you compare AC1-ACC to RF2 to this date, more stuff has been done on kunos side in MULTIPLE areas too !

PirroC and FAlonso like this.
  13. adi rany

adi rany Registered

I think that things are more simple than that.

Studio 397 simply don't care about the authenticity of the cars they deliver. The first thing that a user observe (and which is not subject to interpretation) is the sound of the car. I am not speaking about the quality of the sound. No the bmw in rf2 has the sound of another completely different car (which says a lot about the attention that s397 gave to this car) . And who knows what other details they did wrong.

It is our responsibility to say to s397 that things like that must stop immediately.

14. L0P3X

L0P3X Registered

I did a quick comparation between the sound on the rF2 car vs the ACC one, and I don't think that the ones here are actually "that off", maybe a higher pitch but nothing really big in my opinion (Maybe something similar to what I reported some time ago here?)

Maybe @Coutie or anyone on the development team can offer us some light about this, but in my opinion, I don't think this is a game breaking thing

15. Simulation_Player

No the sound is way off, i'm honestly surprised about your comment, because differences are quite drastic...so should be easier to pick up.
    It is not a simple pitch difference, m2 in rf2 sound like completely different car....more like 240i(which has different engine).

M2 IRL (and ACC) sound more or less like M4 GT4.

16. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

I'm surprised to see someone disagree, you must be very happy with the speed of development of rF2. Both kunos and s397 are working on a motor that is not their own. kunos has created a completely new simulator, with a large number of detailed content to the millimeter, great features completely new in a kunos project, and the best and most unusual, the game is practically finished from the first versions, without errors that ruin the game. experience. s397 has worked on a simulator already created, apart from the work in the graphic section and some adjustments in the tire model, it has practically only created an alpha interface and has released DLCS of dubious quality. I am aware that s397 should have a smaller number of workers, but it seems incredible to me that anyone believes that the development speed of ACC is similar to that of s397.

17. Simulation_Player

A thing i want to make very clear before some defensive fanboy comes in thinking i'm bashing RF2 and says some stupid sh*t like "wHy dOn'T YoU pLaY ACC then ?"
    its not like that.....i'm being honest and neutral here.
    To give some credit to RF2 , i think rf2 nails the sound of porsche RSR and GT3R way more than kunos's version.

18. adi rany

adi rany Registered

No the sound of the m2 cs is the sound of another car (perhaps, as Simulation_player said, the sound of the 240i). Just watch an onboard youtube video. But that says a lot about the consideration of s397 to their users. And if they put the sound of the 240i on this bmw (which is obvious) who can stop them from putting some (or all) of its physics too. You see the situation is very serious.

This car is more interesting to race than all the gt4 and gt3 cars in the world. I bought it on steam but never used it ( It is not the bmw m2 cs).

The big question now is if s397 is willing to correct this car so we can race with it.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  19. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Your comment actually shows why it isn't a good idea to go into these discussions because most of the people don't have an understanding how game development works. Kunos never had to develop their core engine for ACC. UE is a framework that you use and most of the backend is allready there. Infact that part is developed by Epic Games, a AAA studio with over thousend employes, just to put that into perspective. You don't have to deal with the stuff that S397 dealt with the last couple of years as everything is there allready and pretty much a plugin and develop process. This goes from the UI, UX, sound engine, physics engine to the graphics engine that is ready to use. There is a big market place in the epic store for basicly everything from balistic algorythms for FPS games to technology for RTS games. I personaly know a guy who uses UE for his airplane simulations at work. Ofcourse you can tweak it alot and use your custom engines, but AFAIK Kunos used solutions like FMOD. In that respect developing a game on UE is alot more straight forward than going through the mess that S397 did for the last 5 years. And all this while developing other games like the Grand Tour game, helping with Nascar games and now stuff like the F1 lisenced product. I would argue that they are propably dancing at too many weddings, but it's propably their best way to keep the business sustainable.

About AC1 and it being a sandbox. It only got a sandbox due to some very clever individuals who hacked the game. It wasn't designed like that and with a very few exceptions, it doesn't do alot out of the box without the user having to deal with workarounds. And I would argue that it doesn't do much of the "new" stuff in a good way. It allways reminds me of rF1 where you have to grab this and that, here a shader patch, there a new plugin, here a new UI. And in some cases it doesn't work like as intended as everything that the community does is WIP and not really fleshed out (with some nice exceptions ofcourse). The weather stuff is my favorite example, as it's simply not networkable. The whole filter community is something that was left behind in the rF2 eco system long time ago when people developed HDR profiles for different weather conditions or TODs. In that respect people underestimate how powerfull rF2 actually is because it does most of this stuff out of the box.

About the detail in ACC: it is ofcourse very detailed. And that's actually my point. You can't expect a broad scale product like rF2 with hundreds of different kinds of cars and many technological solutions to be as detailed as a product that features bascily three classes of cars, who all share very similar characteristics, regulations and a very limited amount of tires. It's like expecting a plane in ArmA III to be as detailed as in DCS. And all this while leaving the whole modding topic aside. It's a very complex topic and people shouldn't be so fast with their conclusions.

Nortski likes this.
  20. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Hello

Control Manager for AC is the all in one solution that made this Game reaching that huge popularity in recent years
    The easiness of adding content and the amount of straight forward functionalities that it brought is second to none

in regards to quality of the cars details in RF2 being lower because of hundreds of them available I think it’s fair to say that ISI and S397 real content is somehow comparable to ACC so I don’t think it’s a valid argument tbh

All the rest are mods with quality that varies a lot for sure