(SR4L) - Alfa 155 - Wednesday Night Fun Races

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by MileSeven, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Comphel

Comphel Registered

Joined this evening, had a lot of fun, the car is pretty hard to learn, probably also because I'm used to race newer cars, by the end I was still 5 seconds off the best lap, hopefully next week it will go better (I didn't grab your setup yet, I'll try it next time).

A small feedback, I think reverse grid should only apply to people that are max 2 seconds off the pace, more than that and it becomes not fun for both the people starting first and feeling like they have a target on their back and for the people behind that are clearly faster.

Cheers

2. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Glad you enjoyed it! We had quite a few people joining from this forum which is great to see.

The cars can be tricky at first - give the example setup a try - I’ll also try to upload a baseline tweak for our next track (which should be decided by Friday).

Thanks for the feedback on the grids. Reverse grids have generally worked quite well for us - on some tracks slower drivers have successfully held off the quickest ones leading to a sense of achievement for the winners and an extra challenge for the hotshots.

It would be hard work for the race admin (me!) to try to arrange the grid using a 2 second rule, say - but if any driver does feel anxious about starting up front, they can do what Alex did last night and request a back of grid start - which is easy for me to do. We also make sure that anyone who joins mid-evening starts their first race at the back as they most likely won’t be instantly ready to race on equal terms with those that have warmed themselves up.

GertjanD likes this.
  3. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Track for Wednesday February 9th will be Kyalami Legends '76 (nothing at all like the 2020 version we raced a fortnight ago).

I've updated the notes in the first post - drivers normally start to gather around 7:30PM UK time for final practice - if you log on at 7:30PM we'll be into qualy...

Also - there's no pitlane limit* at these events as no one is expected to pit... (*actually, it's set to the speed of sound at ground level - but rf2 interprets this as unlimited:D)

Finally, if you do end up at the front of the grid due to the reverse grid process and *really* don't want to start there - please call out during Warmup when the grid is set - we can move you further back.

4. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Don’t forget the races tonight - gather from 7:00 to 7:30PM UK time for 7:30 Qualy at Kyalami Legends. 6 lap races at a cracking, fast (and contemporary for the cars) circuit.

5. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Another car-contemporary track this week - Feb 16th sees us at Silverstone GP 1975

6. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Encouraging turnout last night - I think we peaked at around 14 cars per grid and people were still joining at 9:30 UK time (30 minutes later than usual) when we stopped the active hosting for the night.

Next track should be up Thursday/Friday - I think we’ll go back to one with more obvious braking points and a narrower track than Silverstone ;)

7. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Track for Wednesday 23rd is up - Zandvoort 2020/21 (S397 - free Workshop content).

Can I please suggest/remind drivers to use CrewChief - or another 'spotter' of your choosing - to try and minimise situational-awareness issues...;)

8. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Don’t forget the races tonight - gather from around 7:00PM UK time for the one-off Qualy at 7:30PM. Races until c. 9:00PM depending on demand.

We had a good turnout last week and Zandvoort is another cracking track.

DJCruicky likes this.
  9. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Wednesday 2nd March will see us at Bridgehampton - links and details in the first post.

10. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Don’t forget the fun sprint races tonight at Bridgehampton - gather 7PM for 7:30PM Qualy and racing until c. 9PM.

11. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Usual timing tonight - 911 RSRs at Donington National. It’s a short track so we’re doing 7 lappers….

12. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

@GertjanD
    For this week, we’re returning to GertjanD’s suggestion of Willow Springs - hope you can join us this time, Gertjan!

13. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

Thanks for the reminder! Unfortunately I still have not recovered from my injury. Hope to be back soon. Have fun on Willow Springs!

14. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Apologies for the lack of recent announcements - Wednesday Night Fun Races at SR4L have been continuing and are now set to move onto RC 1128 with our next race on Wednesday 27th April at Silverstone '75. Details and links in the first post.

Note - times are current UK. Gather for 7:00PM BST, 8:00CEST - qualy commences at 7:30PM BST, 8:30 CEST and racing continues until approx. 9:00PM BST, 10:00PM CEST

DJCruicky likes this.
  15. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

We’re back with a new car - the excellent Alfa 155 by SimDrivers.EU

Tonight’s race is at the super-fast Spielberg NC.

FE2CB306-4898-41E2-AD22-D846DDA43041.jpeg

DJCruicky and Corti like this.
  16. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

This week we’ll be at Kyalami Legends ‘76 LE. Link in the first post or just download direct from our server.