[REL] Porsche Taycan Safety Car

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by redapg, Feb 18, 2022.

1. redapg

redapg Registered

Due to another Request from @Garitt Gibsn and @Errol Prefet, that have made a lot of Formula E Tracks, that can be found HERE, i added the 2022 Porsche Taycan Safety Car with an electrical Engine, that contains a normal Safety Car and a drivable Version too.
    I again have taken a free 3D Model from the Internet and adapted it a little bit, because there is not enough free Time.....
    Steam-Link.

Just to make something clear:
    The Vehicle Model used, is not ripped from any other Video Game.
    It comes from one of the Internet Sites that offer free 3D Models for download, which usually have around 200000-500000 Polys.
    I then adapt these Models, to be able to use them for rFactor 2.

Ooops, wrong Section. @Coutie, can you please move it into the Vehicles Section? Thank you

Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
  2. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Really great to have some SC to chose from! And great work with this one, Chris!

Just a question: How can I get the SC to be used as the default in a series? Obviously it has to be noted in the rFm used. So I created a rFM in a MAS package but it's ignored by the game (expected this somehow, to be honest). Creating a rfcmp also makes no sense because you cannot create an SC type of package. Do I have to create a rfmod and does this still work!?

3. redapg

redapg Registered

Hello Sven, yes you can use it in a rfmod, by linking to Po_Tayc_SC.veh in it's rfm or you can use it as default Safety Car, when you extract the rfm from the All Tracks & Cars_10.mas, replace it there and save the mas again.
    I have made one already, that you can use too: Download ;)

ThomasJohansen and FuNK! like this.
  4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

5. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Thanks! Simply didn't thought about replacing the default rFm in the All Tracks & Cars_10.mas as I expected this won't work at all :oops:
    Good tutorial. Unfortunately, this doesn't work on my install it seems (using Linux). May have to fire up WIn to see how the packaging tool is acting under normal conditions :D

redapg likes this.
  6. redapg

redapg Registered

Some Things are still working in rF2. ;)

PS Have you checked the rfm Entry from the on Linux created rfmod, if it has the proper Safety Car (Po_Tayc_SC.veh) linked?

7. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

@redapg your mas file works perfect. though I couldnt cause full circuit yellow to test it in action.

redapg likes this.
  8. redapg

redapg Registered

Flags are on?
    Maybe with an "Accident Orgy" on Macau or a similar Track? :)

9. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

The problem was that I cannot create a rfmod because the packager didn't find any package to add to it (i.e., car or track). But I'm sure that's an issue with the environment and can probably be fixed with some command line voodoo :D However, still need to check under Win how the packager works under normal conditions first.

Regarding full course yellow: Just take the SC2018X mod on Indianapolis Speedway for a quick race. It's very likely to get one in the race on the first laps ;)

10. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

The other day I was taking a car for a quick drive and noticed that the swingman camera was different to what I remembered. It was "wobbling" around and felt strange. I took other cars and it was always the same wobbling in swingman camera view. The only thing I know I have changed was adding the safetycar to the series. But I did not verify it yet, so could be something else still. Anyway, I wanted to open this still to allow for Chris and maybe others to check and may report their observations. Hopefully I can verify later this week.

11. redapg

redapg Registered

Hello Sven, i have just checked it with the Taycan as the default Safety Car, set in the rfm in the All Tracks & Cars_10.mas and i could not see something strange.
    Do you also use it as default or do you use it in another Series?
    Please recheck it with the Corvette SC.

12. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

What the f....unk! :D I had turned on the miscellaneous setting a while ago and simply forgot that this will not only mess with the camera in the showroom. I'm sorry! :oops:

May I instead suggest some other SC to at least provide something constructive here!? @cgtrader there are a couple of very good and recent cars available for free with a royality free license. For example there is a very great looking A7 or a R8. But there are also other recent cars available ;)

13. redapg

redapg Registered

I'm working at a next (older) one already and yes, there are a lot of free to use Models available in the Internet.
    The Problem with the most of them is, that they either have around 600000 Polys or are low poly Models, that look really ugly or completely miss the Interior or other Things.
    Or they aren't available in 3DSMax or at least Fbx Format
    And you almost always have to edit them a lot, to adapt them to be used in a Video Game.
    That is also the Reason why i release them as "unpolished". ;)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    atomed, FuNK!, pkelly and 1 other person like this.