Released Announcing the Ligier JS P320 LMP3

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 1, 2022.

1. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

GTClub_wajdi likes this.
  2. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I like the way that the car drives slightly below the limit - the fact that you can quite easily drive in a smooth and flowing way due to how linear and "less nervous" it is than certain other cars. But I tend to agree that the tyres should have more of an edge. I think in most circumstances the transition from grip to sliding is too smooth and grip loss is not sudden enough (purely my opinion but this has been discussed many times and I think many people have similar thoughts). However I have found that as I become better and I drive cars closer to their true limit (i.e fully gripped up, no sliding but very close to sliding), when I do make a mistake the loss of control is quite violent. I havn't driven the Ligier at absolute maximum attack yet so I can't form a proper opinion.

vava74 likes this.
  3. vava74

vava74 Registered

Yes, it's true that on some cars (but not all that use the "current tyre"), the edge of the grip behaves more like it should when you are a really fast driver and you are pushing really hard, but the fact that sunday drivers like me get so much leeway is detrimental to people that want to be "taught by the car" on how to drive (like me :)).

4. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Yep... this might be sacrilege to say but sometimes the cars can be so easy to control at "sunday driving" speeds that they are a bit boring. Things don't start getting spicy untill you're pushing very hard, but that can be tiresome to maintain. I would love some more cars that are tricky to drive (but not just because they have crazy power), more like a skip barber kind of car.

vava74 likes this.
  5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

6. Gary_S85

Gary_S85 Registered

Has anyone noticed on the ligier that the steering is very light.
    Even in the LMP2 ligier, compared to the oreca, which has a much heavier steering feel?
    Am I right or.....?

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

In Settings -> Calibrate Controls there is a "Car specific multiplier" under Force Feedback Settings.

If a particular car is scaled differently you can use that setting to adjust its FFB output without affecting any other cars.

It's good to check for FFB clipping, which can reduce feel if you push the FFB too high, but the right balance depends on your equipment and preferences. There'll always be a need to 'choose' an FFB level unless you have a very strong direct drive wheel, in which case you can often get correct forces from each car. To check for clipping you'll need to use SimHub or get telemetry (via Damplugin or alternatives), or if others mention they use a particular multiplier for this car vs another setting for others you can get a pretty good guide from that too.

8. Gary_S85

Gary_S85 Registered

I've a DD2. I find raising the ffb to 75 on the fanalab software and a car multiplier of 70 or 80 or so is still a lot lighter. It's not a deal breaker, but I do find the setting from one car to the next so different, even with official content.
    The issue with raising the car ffb mult is that kerbs and other bumps and imperfections become a little too strong.
    Again, I'm not sure if this is a characteristic of the car. The caddilac dpi also has very low ffb as I recall.
    I'm comparing this to the oreca for example, which I need to run at about 38% on the multiplier.

avenger82 likes this.
  9. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Does increasing caster help? From memory it's already pretty high angle.

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I would suggest separating this topic. One question is about the LMP3, then the LMP2, then back to the 3. Both may have similar issues, but the dancing back & forth is...if nothing else.... polluting the LMP3 thread.

Manfredk2 likes this.
  11. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

As how I understand it, car multiplier is for adjusting FFB clipping? My DD software is set to 11nm on this car, maybe its a 1 nm above the oreca etc... But I dont find this lmp3 lighter than others. Actually it kicks a bit more than others when hitting high kerbs.

12. Gary_S85

Gary_S85 Registered

Really?

Well let me be specific, the ligier lmp 3 steering is very light when compared to some other models, but it is comparible to the ligier lmp 2.
    My question is, does the ligier in general have lighter steering by design.
    Again, I don't think this is a ffb issue, as kerbs and spikes in grip etc are still strong.
    This is more relating to the constant normal resistance being very low.
    I can turn the wheel with 1 finger, but if I hit a kerb or the car gets out of shape, I need both hands firmly on the wheel. It just doesn't make sense.

13. Gio Nuvoli

Gio Nuvoli Registered

Hello, I need help.
    It's correct that the slow ammo get stiffer on the left arrow and viceversa in the setup screen?
    Where is documentation about this DLC car? I mean... In the chassis screen there are two pickup setting - front and rear- but there are not technical notes about. How they work?
    And what about the -3° setting of the rear wing? All interesting stuff, on a paid car I'll see at least a technical description explaining the characteristic.

14. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Eric Rowland and Emery like this.
  15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

After the first 4 pages I think it can only get better.

I wouldn't be adjusting your wheel strength between cars, better to only adjust the vehicle specific Mult. That may help to limit the extra forces from the kerbs etc, depending how they shake out.

16. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I tried it for the first time at Verginia. Great car.
    The default setup is a bit under steering but I did some minor adjustments and it’s very enjoyable to drive.

17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

:) YES Verginia! There IS a Santa Claus! Sorry couldn't resist....VIR is one of my favorite driving tracks. Surprisingly, I think it came from the Grand Am series, which I saw as a problem for my preferred ALMS league. Seeing the dozen or so Daytona Prototypes snaking up the esses hooked my eye instantly. Been driving that track whenever I could find it. It may not be the best racing track due to how tight the first section is...but the flow and speed of the rest of the circuit provides and huge rush.

GTClub_wajdi likes this.
  18. atomed

atomed Member

Stop polluting Dave! :p

davehenrie and Lazza like this.
  19. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

:D Virginia Raceway. And it’s perfectly optimized for VR which is a bonus and graphically one of the best.

20. nounoubleu

nounoubleu Registered

The Ligier LMP3 will soon celebrate its 1st anniversary in RFactor 2 + Q1 update season is coming => it's time to ask few questions :
    - Did it get the sound update? I don't follow RF2 news daily and I couldn't find anything about it.
    - Same question about new tyres (unless I missed something, only the Oreca and GTE got it)

More generally, a list of cars with new features would be welcome :), especially the sound that request a specific tuning