Where is the track?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Jan 24, 2022.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

In my packages screen, I have a 1 mile Oval called 1tt_MadisonRaceway. (known as the Milwaukee Mile in champcar days) But I cannot find the track in the track selection menu. Packages shows the track is installed. I used the search function to look for madison, 1tt, 1tt_MadisonRaceway, none of those searches brought back any results. Anyone else have this track?

2. Corti

Corti Registered

a clue in gdb file:
    TrackName = World Wide Technology Raceway
    EventName = World Wide Technology Raceway

Sin título.jpg

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Ok, I saw that in the list, I would have thought that was Homestead or Gateway(St Louis). The Milwaukee Mile is symetrical, equal circumference turns and roughly equal length straights. I'll temporarily un-install the Madison and see if your suggestion vanishes. Thanks.

Corti likes this.
  4. Corti

Corti Registered

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Ah thank you! Old Milwaukee was one of my favorite ICR1 tracks. Unfortunately ICR1 taught me many bad habits. Insane downforce, you could stay flat on most of the short oval corners. (ICR2 was a HUGE eye-opener when I plowed into every outside wall on tracks I was supposedly familiar with...lol)

edit: I could not remove the madison track. The packages commands were not usable on that particular item.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  6. Lars

Lars Registered

Hi Dave,

1tt_MadisonRaceway (World Wide Technology Raceway)
    , formerly Gateway Motorsports Park and previously Gateway International Raceway, ...it is not Milwaukee).

If you want remove it, i guess you`ll have to unsubscribe it on steam.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Didn't want to remove it so much, but wanted the ol Milwaukee Mile. I think I mentioned removing it to try and eliminate any sorting confusion. I guess I scrambled MadisonRaceway with Madison Wisconsin and combined that with Milwaukee Wisconsin.(shoot, I shoulda added Green Bay in there....lol)
    But thanks for the added information, another factoid to scramble up a month from now.... :)

8. Filip

Filip Registered

That is one of the terrible, terrible rf2 "features".
    I cursed rf2 many times because of amateurish design things like that inconsistent naming stuff.
    At the moment I'm feeling sorry for my self and angry for loosing a lot of time with such nonsense and so f***k you rf2 for being unfriendly.

davehenrie likes this.