No Option to upload Files in private Conversations

Discussion in 'Forum Problems' started by redapg, Feb 27, 2022.

1. redapg

redapg Registered

Hello,
    i noticed, that i have no Possibility to upload a File in a private Conversation, where Others have it.
    I only have the Buttons "Post Reply" and "More Options" and when i click "More Options", i only have "Reply to Conversation" and "Preview".
    I can not find any Setting to get that File upload Option.
    Does anybody know something about it and can tell me, how i can get that Option?

atomed likes this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I've never had that option, for files nor images. Are you sure someone else has?

3. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Me neither.

4. redapg

redapg Registered

@Lazza and @Goanna Yes, i'm 100% sure, because Yesterday i've got a Message in a private Conversation, with an uploaded File and i also was astonished, because i never could do that too.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hackers!

Either staff or otherwise elevated, or maybe it's something new profiles can do? Time for a new name! :D

(Ironically I found a thread about this on the xenforo forum itself, and on there the eventual official response was that staff and some users can do it on there. So it sounds like a configurable option, and I don't know why one random user would have it while another random user doesn't...)

6. redapg

redapg Registered

@Lazza The User Profile is from 2014, so it must be something else, that makes him a more privileged User. :(:D

philrob and atomed like this.