FFB Meter

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Rhino_WJB, Jul 10, 2018.

1. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Hello Thomas

I am the same guy who commented on the Paul Ricard video on YT.I have found that the FFB meter works correctly within Simhub environment but its a bit stuttering if you know what I mean.
    are you experiencing this as well? any idea how I could get it to show the FFB graph in a more smoother way?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Do you have the paid version of Simhub? As I'm sure I've read the free version is rate limited.

3. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

@nolive721 My FFB meter runs okay.
    Cant remember if you can adjust your "shared memory access" in the game?

4. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Yes I have the paid version of simhub

I reckon my AMD Eyefimity triple screen and UW display on the same GPU acted a bit funky on recent drivers so that might cause problems with overlays

will do some more troubleshooting later

but thanks again for the feedback

5. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

Have you tried running your simhub dash/overlays on a separate device?

I have an old Nexus 7 as my "dash", ffb gauge is smooth enough with the free version of Simhub :blush:

6. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

yes that will be my other attempt later today.
    I have tried everything I could think of like CPU OC, RF2 in windows and borderless mode, Simhub settings Performance Very fast, fast slow but no joy, its like very much stuttering to the point the FFB meter is not useful

7. ThomasJohansen

@nolive721 simhub works best with borderless. How are update speed on other overlays? like rpm, speed, timing etc.?

8. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Hello

looks like it was a RAM issue. I fully shutdown Windows and restarted, launching Steam and SimHub only then the FFB meter and other overlays were running butter smooth.
    it made me realize how RF2 and Simhub combo are actually RAM hungry
    sorry again for messing around and thanks again for having shared this tool, its really of great help for me

9. ThomasJohansen

sometimes my rf2 uses 7gb other times only 4-5gb. Simhub is also processor consuming, and having 4-5 arduinos connected to it, including 7-8 overlays can be too much.

nolive721 likes this.
  10. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Agreed, very important small thing.

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

System ram or Video ram?

12. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

System but its alpso true to say i see my GPU VRAM maxing out on quite few tracks
    I have the Game running at max graphics settings on a UW 1440P monitor though so that kind of makes sense

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I was going to say, a lot of the laser tracks take up tons of Vram. (I have a 12gb card coming soon, I hope) If you are maxing out system ram, that is something I haven't heard of lately. ((now back in the Intel 386 days...))

14. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Hello

I have an AMD GPU, 6600Xt with 8gb of VRAM and on some tracks, again considering I am running full graphics at UW 1440p resolution, it gets very very close to fully used

My problem with the FFB meter was really System RAM related. I don't shutdown my PC, use Windows sleep mode and when I was running RF" with this FFB meter testing, I had a bunch of EDGE and CHROME tabs opened in the background pumping up my RAM resources.

On top of that, I am using an accelerated FUZEDRIVE, what AMD called Storemi, that accelerate data access for conventional HDDs where my Steam Games are stored. I also have the system RAM function activated in this HDD tiering that pumps another 2gb of RAM

last but not least, I also have the SAM feature available for my AMD GPU activated

so might not be common RF2 user scenario here for sure. I might consider to increase the 16gb system RAM in my system in the future if S397 still don't bring up a revamped HUD in Game built with FFB and Track map content

Binny likes this.