rFactor 2 Online Tools by Chris “redapg”

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Slow Motion, Oct 11, 2016.

1. philrob

philrob Registered

;) glad we simplified it for you haha its as clear as mud.

phil

redapg likes this.
  2. redapg

redapg Registered

As written before, i did add a Hint to all Scripts now, that didn't have it already or that don't already have a Functionality, to remove such Lines automatically, to remove all commented out/disabled Lines from Files, that shall be uploaded.

In the next Time, i will try to include that Automatism into all Scripts, where it is necessary.

Hazi, Mauro, atomed and 4 others like this.
  3. philrob

philrob Registered

Thanks Chris, for all that you do.

Corti, atomed and redapg like this.
  4. redapg

redapg Registered

I have checked all Files now and where it was necessary, i have included the Function, that removes commented out/deactivated Lines from uploaded Files automatically, before the Values get read out from these Files.
    As usual, please report here, if you notice something strange. :)
    Thank you

Brent, lagg, philrob and 2 others like this.
  5. redapg

redapg Registered

Due to new Findings, reported in THIS Thread (again thanks @FuNK! for Testing), i have to edit the Tutorial about how to update DLC Cars.
    So the Download is disabled currently.
    If the new one is uploaded, i will inform you here.
    Sorry for the Inconvencies.

FuNK! and Corti like this.
  6. redapg

redapg Registered

The Tutorial about how to update a Car DLC is updated and downloadable again.
    It also has a new Name: Update_a_DLC_Vehicle_02_2022.pdf
    Please delete the old Update_a_DLC_Vehicle.pdf, if you did download it before already.
    I hope i will not have to update it again soon :)
    But if you find something wrong or not working in the described Way, please report it here.
    Thank you

svictor, philrob, Mauro and 1 other person like this.
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

remember when you thought of a simple little project to bring together some simple tools for the modding community? Remember ..... ;)

8. redapg

redapg Registered

Info: the Sripts, for editing the CustomPluginVariables, Multiplayer and player.JSON are updated to
    Build 1.1126 ID 8157914 (more Info)

I can't, it's too long ago... :D

9. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Well, we all once decided to leave the world into this rabbit hole. Not that I regret much, but maybe at least some lost time here and there :D

redapg likes this.
  10. redapg

redapg Registered

Sometimes, what started as an interesting Hobby, turns into hard Work. :D

Seven Smiles and lagg like this.
  11. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello, i have a question on the "fixed upgrades" tutorial.

I have set the .ini file for Magny-Cours on my player rF2 with the "force setup",
    the one which i play with > I got the trackconfigMagny-Cours.ini

Now, where do i copy this file on my dedicated ?

Under the same path for the car ? Like :
    ...\UserData\player\Settings\ASMG Formula Hybrid-21\ASMG_F1_2021_UPGRADES\trackconfigMagny-Cours.ini

It seems to not work properly. I have checked "Fixed upgrades" when launching the server.

I can still see that the upgrade is wrong on the dedicated : Left camera on F1, it should be centered in the "fixed upgrade".

I probably missed something. The tutorial doesn't clearly specifiy what to do with the ini file on the dedicated.

I fixed the setup too with your tutorial and it works perfectly. Setup was done under the right upgrade ...
    You should add some info with the "FreeSettings" in the JSON ...
    For example brake bias needs to be set "free" and not "fixed" even if all setup is fixed.
    It should stay a "user preference" imo.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
  12. redapg

redapg Registered

I haven't tested the "fixed Upgrades" Feature for a longer While, because it didn't work since a longer While.
    To reply to the other Things:
    In the Tutorial i have written:
    Note: these Instructions only take effect, if you use the same Player Profile with that you have
    made the described Steps. That also includes the Multiplayer.
    If you want to use it with another Profile or with another rFactor 2 Installation, you have to copy
    and paste the needed Files/Folders into the according Folders of the other Profile/Installation.

And you have "answered" it already with your Question:
    Now, where do i copy this file on my dedicated ?
    Under the same path for the car ? Like :
    ...\UserData\player\Settings\ASMG Formula Hybrid-21\ASMG_F1_2021_UPGRADES\trackconfigMagny-Cours.ini

So the Answer is "yes" and if the Folder doesn't exist, you have to create it.

Here i don't know what you mean.
    Fixed Setup means fixed Setup for all Settings.
    If you want to use a partially fixed Setup, i would suggest to use an Update with a modified HDV File.
    You could also use an Upgrade for that, that also should work, even if the "fixed Upgrades" still don't work, if you make it the only/default Option.

If you need some help with it, you can open a private Conversation with me.

13. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Thanks, for the last part i was talking about a parameter in player.JSON in that kind of line :
    Code:
    ... FreeSettings="-1" // -1=use RFM/season/GDB default, or add to allow minor changes with fixed/parc ferme setups: 1=steering lock, 2=brake pressure, 4=starting fuel, 8=fuel strategy 16=tire compound, 32=brake bias, 64=front wing, 128=engine settings
    It would be great to talk about that option in your tutorial.
    It's often more "fair" in fixed setups to let drivers modify some parameters like brake bias or fuel amount.
    I personaly use 32 by default to make brake bias always adjustable even on fixed setup.

14. redapg

redapg Registered

The Tutorial is about fixed Setups only.
    Parc Ferme Settings are something different and have to be checked if and how they work in the Multiplayer now.
    You, for Example, have to check if Parc Ferme Settings in the GDB overridde Parc Ferme Settings in the RFM File or the other Way round and player.JSON Settings should not override GDB or RFM Settings in Multiplayer.
    You can find some explained Entries about Parc Ferme, in the default.rfm File, that gets generated when you create a Server rfmod.
    For what you want to achieve, i would suggest to use an edited HDV or Upgrades.ini, because they still should work properly and are less complicated to be set up.

15. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Looks like "fixed" or "parc ferme" looks more complicated than i thought.
    I will read more on "Parc ferme" settings ...

FreeSettings in the JSON seem to work well in "fixed setup".

16. redapg

redapg Registered

The Problem with such Things is, that some of them don't work properly anymore.
    For Example your edit of the player.JSON.
    That may work in single Player, but if you want to use it in Multi Player, you have to check if it works there as it has to, too.
    For Example: If you set "FreeSettings" in the Server rfm to 3 (steering lock and brake pressure) and in your player.JSON to your 32 (brake bias), you have to check, that only steering lock and brake pressure are free to be set, when you join the Server.
    And you also have to check, if, when you, for Example, set it to 3 in the used Track gdb and 32 in the rfm, which Setting gets used on the Server (if the Entry in the gdb is dominant or the one in the rfm).
    So you have to check different Things, that you can ensure, that only the wanted Settings can be used on the Server.
    And there are some other Things, for that you have to take care of, that make the Use of the Combination of fixed Setups and Parc Ferme Rules complicated.

And because of that, i would recommend to use an edited hdv or Upgrades.ini for what you want to do. ;)

17. redapg

redapg Registered

I think i have to explain the above written a bit more precisely.
    When a File gets uploaded, i remove the commented out /deactivated Lines only temporary, to avoid to get Data from these Lines.
    But the uploaded File stays as it is.
    The Reason is, that there are often commented out /deactivated Lines with Information from the Modder or other Things in the Files, that contain no Data.
    And to keep these, i don't delete these Lines.
    But with that Method, it can lead to a "confusing" Result.
    If, for Example, a File has these Lines:

//AbrasionVolumePerUnitEnergy=(2.03e-9,8.69e-10,7.29e-10,6.35e....
    //AbrasionVolumePerUnitEnergy=(4.03e-9,8.69e-10,7.29e-10,6.35e.....
    AbrasionVolumePerUnitEnergy=(1.03e-9,8.69e-10,7.29e-10,6.35e

the Values in all 3 Brackets will be replaced with the new Values, no matter if they are commented out /deactivated or not.
    The Reason is, that i simply replace
    AbrasionVolumePerUnitEnergy=(old Values)
    with:
    AbrasionVolumePerUnitEnergy=(new Values)

So the edited File has 3 identical Entries then, with 2 of them commented out/deactivated, as it was before.

philrob likes this.
  18. redapg

redapg Registered

Coming from THIS Thread, i did record and add a Link to a short Youtube Video, to the Bottom of the main Tools Site, about how a simple Bone Animation can be created.
    Due to some "Problems" With the recording Software, the SCN Entry for it, about that i talk at the almost End of the Video, is not shown in the Video, so i have put it into the Video Description.
    Here it is (Feedback, if it is understandable or about other Things is welcome, think at, English is not my native Language :)):

Gilles Benoit, Hazi, philrob and 4 others like this.
  19. Reiche

Reiche Registered

Is the UI preview generator script maybe running into issues when file sizes (or rather resolutions) are too big? I can't get it to work with some 6880x2880px screenshots.

I increased my res with DSR to zoom out further from the cars in showroom after I was trying to be as close as possible before for biggest resolution of the source image, but that caused seem not so nice warping effects on the edges of the cars.

20. redapg

redapg Registered

My Setting uses a TV Monitor with a used Resolution of 1024x768, so i never did notice something like that. :)
    But Joking aside, can you please upload a Screenshot with that it happens, that i can check it?
    The bplaced Host is very limited with free Accounts and there are some Limitations noticable already, that i had to limit the Count of uploaded Files to 6 at the same Time, for the Icon Creator Tool.
    I can try it out on my own Machine, where i use a local Apache Server, with unlimited Calculation Capabilities and compare the Result with the Files that are made on the bplaced Webspace.
    Normally, if you get the generated Files back, the Generation of the Icons should have been made successfully by the Tool, but who knows.

Reiche likes this.