AI Difficulty Slider Dissapearing

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by mainman891, Feb 11, 2022.

1. mainman891

mainman891 Registered

Hello, I would like to investigate whether the AI Difficulty Slider is supposed to be available during a session, and if so why it sometimes simply isn't present? It's rather annoying to have to exit a session, adjust the slider by how much I think I need to adjust it, and then restart the session, spawn in all the cars I want, and then only find out if my adjustments were correct. Sometimes the slider is available during a session, and I'm not sure why it isn't always available. Before the first UI update it was always available, with the first UI update I don't remember seeing it during a session, and with the current iteration of the UI it is hit or miss. Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated!

2. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I've noticed that as well, I actually changed it during a couple of sessions and just restarted the weekend and it work fine. During one session I wanted to change difficulty and it wasn't there, really annoying. Hope it gets sorted.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I thought I was going blind because several users have stated you could change the % without leaving the track, but I haven't found that slider yet.

4. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I was one of them because it was available at the time and it worked, really annoyed it's no longer available now. S397 seem to remove things that work and then add some thing new that doesn't. I say keep the things that work and repair what ever doesn't work.

nolive721 and Manfredk2 like this.
  5. mainman891

mainman891 Registered

Glad to know I’m not the only one with these gripes. Lately I haven’t seen at all during a session. I really hope this is just a bug and not a removal of the feature.

Hazi likes this.
  6. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Yes - same here and stated in the new UI thread - worked in the new UI and now gone ...

Disappeared after a Multiplayer session on the same PC and switching back to singleplayer - now in the session options there it says: voting .... in the menue - maybe a carry over from the multiplayer?

7. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Same here

8. mainman891

mainman891 Registered

So it's been over a year now and the "AI Strength" slider is still unavailable DURING a session. It's incredibly aggravating to have a feature like this just removed for no conceivable reason. If the sessions didn't take forever to load this wouldn't even be that egregious(Before you ask, its on an SSD and my system is more than capable of running this game at Ultra 1440p 144fps.), and than having to wait for the AI to get some laps down to see how the slider needs to adjusted. Not to mention this is different for EVERY TRACK. Just bring back the setting where we can change the AI Strength during a session and restart the session to apply the change please.

Hazi, IronKnuckle124, MarcG and 2 others like this.
  9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Oh this is disappointing, I recall using this setting a lot in the "old" UI and IIRC when it went missing in the "new" one I did bring it up in testing but alas it appears to of not been returned.
    Shame, a good and quick feature for AI changes and agree it should be brought back, can't fathom why it got removed in the first place.

Hazi likes this.
  10. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I really want this feature to come back, and I imagine it's something developers can easily do.

Finally easily, we understand each other lol.

If you do, give the option to fix AI mistakes in the UI as well.

Thanks.

Hazi likes this.