This goes out to offline drivers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Audere est facere, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Audere est facere

Audere est facere Registered

Heyho dear racers,

I think (hopefully) I have something for those offline drivers for having fun. I have just returned to RF2 after racing a lot online with ACC (6h up to 12h and league racing and so on). Well I returned cause I wanted to get the “real” feeling back and I always liked to race with AI. As the AI in ACC is almost boring (but not bad for sure) and I wanted to run multiclass races I was thinking about a project. Then I was reading something in the forum from AUY2K where he asked for help regarding AM and PRO class for simulating IMSA races.

So the idea was born.

The “dream” was to have at least the field of the Daytona 24H race this year or to get as close to the grid as possible.

And here we are now, the dream became almost fully true. I created the field with all these veh files and ini files and so on to show up like this in your menu :
    IMSA1.PNG

The grid is filled with these cars :

7x Dpi

10x LMP2

10x LMP3 (one Bonus (#30) as there were just 9 running at Daytona)

11x GTD PRO

20x GTD (one Bonus BMW (#1) )

All with preview picture (taken from spotter giuide and reworked them…NEVER EVER MORE !!!!)

IMSA3.PNG

Almost all liveries are original from 2022 or really close. Some are just place holders for the future when more liveries will come to race department for example. And some liveries are made by me in a rush for recognizing the team at least. But really most liveries are originals.
    Example of place holder :
    IMSA4.PNG

As there were running Acuras, Lexus and Lambos I have chosen to bring in 5x Audi with liveries from the past from IMSA and did put on IMSA number plates for fitting the field. So no double numbers in the grid but the “bonus” BMW running with #1 as one of the DPis.

All driver names are real drivers from the Daytona 24H.

Two cars in the GTD PRO field are the Corvette C8R GTE for fitting the real grid from 2022. As we know these cars had a downgrade to run with the GT3s. But in RF2 they really fit well without tweaking them.

So there is the big field of 20 GTD (AM) cars. Every (!!!) car has its own ini file. I made a specification switch (customize car) which enables you to let those cars run with 0%, 2%, 4%, 6%, 8% or even 10% less engine torque and power output. As every car has its own ini file you can choose for every car another value (you need to press force setup for every AI car) without harming another car from same manufacturer. As said EVERY car can have another value.
    IMSA2.PNG

Filters are :

DAVE_IMSA_ALL

DAVE_IMSA_Dpi

DAVE_IMSA_LMP2

DAVE_IMSA_LMP3

DAVE_IMSA_GTD

I can recommend running this full grid of 58 cars on Daytona with the safety car disabled. By the way…full flags always no problem if safety car is disabled. I tested 10 times already with 45 min quali and 20 min race and it was awesome ! If you like to run a longer race without increasing fuel and or tire usage I recommend running 1:30h as this will fit the refueling of the field so the DPis will win the race.

You need to setup the DPIs as Hypercars (!!! customize AND force setup) for making them faster as the LMP2 class. Do not touch the LMP2 and LMP3 class with the customization. Leave them in original status. So you will have an superb race for sure !

Any question about this stuff, please let me know.

PS: As the liveries are not from me I would like to thank all those talented painters, skin makers and so on for making such projects possible. Big thanks !

Here is the link for the full pack. Put the files in your package folder and install them via game. The version number of these rfcmp files is “IMSA”

GT3 PACK : https://mega.nz/file/XBVhzaJA#t30isJjEZSA2f-xnAh69AWtvapq0jv2B8BVqgv6BZvk

DPI PACK: https://mega.nz/file/CYl2xKqa#Fl_5sP8DM4XP50PmPnq5a-CWwOqlUjYHF8SxKykAcII

LMP2 PACK: https://mega.nz/file/fJdThKhI#ldIUGAO2x36pjdo2ED8AeQRSMhS3WUD_n9mZwiH-8sA

LMP3 PACK: https://mega.nz/file/TNdTxJ5R#J6_gve6Z6l4-xEaSKxY4EpYYqjXTglNiv4AWEcOuQJg

Have fun with.

Plans for the future : Setting up a customization for changing setups of every car for having more differences in AI racing between same cars. And for getting rid of these talent files….

So you could setup each car in a slightly different way for having a changing field for offline racing from race to race by the customization tool. But for now I need a break.

PPS: I forgot ...you need the Q1 2022 Pack from S397 !

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
    bhendrik, Vanisch, Levelup1 and 20 others like this.
  2. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Thank You and all others for your passion and work. Hope I have time to try that soon ......

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  3. Walter Roehrt

Walter Roehrt Registered

I helped him (a little) and it´s really awesome! The last content from S397 is really awesome too!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
    UGM 133A and Hazi like this.
  4. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Oh boy i will try this today!
    Thanks a lot for your dedication here

5. AUY2K

AUY2K Registered

This is truly awesome. So grateful! It was a pleasure and honor racing with you and Walter yesterday with this mod. I am looking forward to the next session! You have brought joy to many sim, IMSA, and multiclass racing fans !!!!

6. Audere est facere

I was asked to ckeck for those files so I did and did a new upload for making this grid working again. Please find the new link (I just changed it) in the first post.

Please let me know if something is not working,

pkelly and Corgan like this.
  7. AUY2K

AUY2K Registered

Awesome!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
  8. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hey Audere,

Firstly, thank you for this and the massive effort you've undertaken to get this all together - appreciate it!

Don't know if it's just me, but for some reason I'm not getting the liveries showing on LMP3 - it brings up an error message on loading that you can hit the return key to get past, then the cars are showing on track as the yellow temp car.

Is this just something my side, or does anyone else have this?

9. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

Same here

10. Audere est facere

sorry for late answer ... will have a look for it. Should be no big problem...just need to find it

11. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

i've all GTD cars customized and reduced 10% of their engine power, then forced setup and i did that for every single ai car in the GTD class. Still, GTD cars at the top of the field and they are still doing 275 down the oval, just as fast as the GT Pro cars. am i doing something wrong? Great effort by the way, and many thanks

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

GTD and GTD Pro use exactly the same cars. Only difference is the GTD category requires a gentleman driver(bronze I think) The GTD Pro class can use only top shelf Pro drivers. Cars are the same. The just completed Rolex24hr had 3 non Pro cars in the top 3 spots of qualifying.
    When you said GT Pro, did you mean GTE?(the same as GTLM) If the cars modeled by S397 were focused on IMSA, the GTE cars should be about 2 seconds faster than the GTD(Pro or AM) But S397 has given us generic GT3 cars and that ends up with more class mixing than we would see in real life.

13. Audere est facere

seems to be a new problem. i will have a look for it this WE. should be no big deal.

14. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Eeeeh. sorry my fault, had the wrong setting is jsonfile. Changed it and everything works as it should be. Sorry about that

15. philman

philman Registered

Unfortunately, the gt3s cannot be installed due to the latest updates of these cars by S397. Can you please update your mod?

16. Audere est facere

So I reworked the files. Please find new links (for every class) in opening post.

As for the LMP3s I was not able to reproduce your problem regarding the liveries not showing up. From my side everything seems to be fine. Please delete the mod and try those new files I provided.

Please let me know if the prob for those LMP3s still exists. Furthermore if anyone is reading this and has NO problem with the liveries of those LMP3s I would appreciate to get knowledge of this as this could help to fix the prob of some (?) users.

17. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

Hey, Great Work,

Can one of you guys tell me where I can turn off the SafetyCar? I just don't think so.
    and I get this error message ... what can it be? -
    I also have a problem with the LMP3 package

[​IMG]

Thank you to all

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
  18. philman

philman Registered

Many thanks for your work. I have no problem with LMP3 liveries.
    Sorry but I spoke too fast. There is a problem with the LMP3s appearing as a yellow car with the error "UNKNOWN_TOKEN_PLIGHT_LEFT to memory"

Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
  19. Hazi

Hazi Registered

I get no LMP cars in list?

20. basil_fawlty

basil_fawlty Registered

This is brilliant

I'm always having trouble setting up multiclass fields. This I can also scale back (30 cars) for my low end machine and still get reasonable number of cars in each class. Just had a nice 90 min race at Sebring