rF2/S397 official F1 game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FS7, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's why there's a new version every year, with some new skins and cars with 5% difference in power/grip. Maybe new jumps. Some special power ups. Character customisation. Limited edition rims available for purchase. Etc.

Bernat likes this.
  2. RusRob

RusRob Registered

Spot On...

Not sure why people are blowing this idea that this is somehow going to effect rF2.

This is just a commercial venture using rF2 as a base. You know how you can force fixed setups and automatic transmissions, and you can create physics that drive easy for League racing?

That is exactly what Event Mode for rF1 was, It didn't change rF1 and the community in any way. Just another way to sell your product.

I actually think this is a great idea..... Now if they were to put some pre-70s F1 cars it would really get my interest!

Cheers,
    Bob

3. Bernat

Bernat Registered

@Lazza answered for me. I'm not saying that's better or more fun, but for most gamers it is. Think of driving games as another cinematic FPS game but replacing shooting with race stints. Those gamers wouldn't enjoy getting behind a wheel in real life. In the other hand, rFactor2 users would like driving in real life or are already doing it. We might be gamers or not, that's indifferent, but we all like racing in the simulator and in real life.

4. FS7

FS7 Registered

The part that caught my attention was about having 30 track venues, I wonder if those track venues will be included in rF2 as well, I think having all tracks from the current F1 season in rF2 would be great.

trichens likes this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'll go out on a limb and say no. Built on the rF2 engine, but its own product with its own license and exposure.

6. vava74

vava74 Registered

I'll go out in TWO limbs :D and say that, regardless of what will be the exact format and even if there is no F1 licence specifically coming to rF2, a generic F1-like hybrid will come out of this.

7. lagg

lagg Registered

This could be a great oportunity to implement the hybrid system in the rF2 engine.

Havner, mixer61 and Sim_Player like this.
  8. Havner

Havner Registered

This will be a great opportunity that S397 will pass on. Prove me wrong.

9. lagg

lagg Registered

Me? why?

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The flaw in the statement here IMO is the assumption it's an opportunity. I wouldn't put any money on this platform (the rF2-based one used for these events) having any sort of actual hybrid, especially of the sort S397 would want to implement in rF2.

11. Havner

Havner Registered

Not you silly ;-) This was towards Studio-397 ;-)

Not sure I get your meaning 100% correct here but it's a sad state of affair if you Lazza out of all of us don't really hold a firm belief in Studio's will to do something right ;-)
    I'm not the biggest fan of the current F1 and its hybrid system but I'd be glad if it got implemented for the sake of platform's success and happiness of people that might enjoy it.

lagg likes this.
  12. lagg

lagg Registered

:oops::D

Havner likes this.
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, you've misunderstood.

The subject of this thread isn't a S397 project. That's where this whole thing is completely misplaced. This is its own project, doing its own thing, catering to a non-sim-nerd crowd. I doubt they'll implement anything approaching an actual hybrid simulation, and there's no need to. In the unlikely event people attending such a social gathering actually have any understanding of hybrid, you can fake it using engine mixture and braking maps and pretty overlays on top.

Hybrid in rF2 is another matter. I think we can fairly confidently say that's going to happen, based on S397's own statements and on the inclusion of a HybridMap parameter in the recently added P2P feature. And I'd also be fairly confident it will be done at least half properly.

And, I'm actually mildly offended by the statement about me. If you're going to pigeonhole people at least try to get it right. But probably just don't do it at all, it's a safer option.

14. lagg

lagg Registered

@Lazza , i agree with you, but i hope that this could be one more thing that push S397 to add the hybrid system.
    I'm not confident either, it's a simple hope.
    But there are small signs that point to include the hybrid engine.
    We'll see, we can only push a little.