Nvidia 3D vision

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BeatMagnum, Feb 16, 2022.

1. BeatMagnum

BeatMagnum Registered

TLDR: I just want to know if RF2 still supports this? I don't wanna buy all the hardware and end up not using them because no game supports it anymore.

Hey! I guess if you read the title and know about this tech and are here to tell me it's dead, I do know that. (NV dropped support) The thing is, I find it really interesting. As a young adult 10+ years ago, I did dream about this. I was just starting to work at that time and I can't afford those expensive hardware for 3d vision.

After NV dropped support for this tech, 3d glasses are popping out of the second hand market for cheap. I really like this solution compared to VR because it doesn't take me away from the real world to know if my house is on fire, etc. Oh and imagine walking in the middle of an argument between VR and triple screen dilemma. LOL

I am currently looking for a GPU upgrade until I read in another forum that 3d vision is no longer supported on NV3000 series cards. I guess I can still get a 2000 series card, maybe a 2080ti just to play around but I don't know if games still support this feature. I only and exclusively play sim titles, iR, AC, ACC RF2 etc. Out of all those titles, RF2 is the only one I read that had support for this. I wanna play around with this tech before it dies down completely. I had triples in the past. I tried VR in an event some time ago and it doesn't float my boat. I guess I am just going back to my younger years and trying to catch up on the things I missed.

2. Comante

Comante Registered

For what I know that technology never worked good enough, the fact that is abandonware should tell you that wasting money on it is not a good move. Look at VR, is in a hugely better position than 3D vision, still developers struggle to implement it as it should, there are still too many standards, and performance are hit & miss and constant fiddling. It's a pity that this tech emerged in an era where high refresh monitor were extremely expensive , but now is too late.
    I don't know last time you tried VR, but I suggest you to give it another GO, I honestly can't see me without a visor from now on. This worry me, because I don't have the money to buy another should my G2 break down.

BeatMagnum likes this.
  3. BeatMagnum

BeatMagnum Registered

I kinda agree on the VR opinion. Though it's also not perfect is it? And yes, 3d vision came ahead of its time that GPU power are meh and high refresh monitors are really expensive. I guess I'm craving for it because I never tried one and it's one of those things I missed back then. Just FYI on my rabbit hole, I am still running a win XP installation on another hard drive because of old stuff that I want to hold onto. Though I never let it go online anymore. I guess the kid in me still can't let go of some things like Dirt 2 and NFS titles. LOL

4. Comante

Comante Registered

I know , I was a late adopter myself.. but good news: Dirt 2 is still alive and kicking, and support VR quite well, and run on modern PC.
    It's time to move on, window 7 was a good so, and 10 is even better. You can keep your old PC (from time to time I still used to play with my amiga 500) but your rabbit hole deserve new toys. :D

BeatMagnum likes this.
  5. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Comming the same route - 3D Vision since 19xx :) - but I am full into VR now. But if you search for HelixVision on Steam or here a link to http://helixmod.blogspot.com/ - dedicated 3D Vision gurus there with alternative drivers and shaders for 3D games usw....

BeatMagnum likes this.
  6. BeatMagnum

BeatMagnum Registered

Thanks man! I checked out the site but didn't see any racing titles. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and rely on my winXP installation and look for older titles. LOL Cheers!

7. BeatMagnum

BeatMagnum Registered