rF2/S397 official F1 game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FS7, Feb 14, 2022.

1. lagg

lagg Registered

MSG bosses will try to get as much as possible. Otherwise, the owners will fire them.
    That doesn't mean to get the maximum in short term.
    There are short term and long term investments and both are financially correct.
    We'll see what is S397 for MSG

trichens and Sim_Player like this.
  2. FERNANDO CABRERA

FERNANDO CABRERA Registered

Those kinds of failure can bring changes for good (or for bad looking at project cars 3) when a company as MSG see that in order to achieve a milestone or a product resources has to be put in place and not only killing their developers with crunching time. It is clear that s397 is looking for additional talents in all departments (artistic, engineering, physic simulation) and maybe MSG got the message, in order to ship their games as a sellable products developing time must be put in place.

Sim_Player likes this.
  3. lagg

lagg Registered

Or MSG use S397 products as a base to develop other products more sellable.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Erm... I see nothing here to suggest this'll be anything more than a stripped down rF2 with all setup and difficulty options locked (probably some level of tc and abs enabled). What do you guys think a social group wants from an evening out? Aquaplaning and full hybrid support, or something that looks and sounds like F1 that they can run into each other with while getting drunk?

kro388th and AMillward like this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Why don't sims have millions of players while mindless shooters and car-prettying games do? Welcome to niche interests.

Even a sim is simplified, you know that. If it looks about right, sounds about right, and feels about right, it's good enough for pretty much everyone.

Remco Majoor and AMillward like this.
  6. Dalmation

Dalmation Registered

Opinions from you should be that f1 and DTM need there own games. Rfactor focus on gt3 cars so this might not happen? Maybe if we can ask the leaders nicely they can do it?

7. FS7

FS7 Registered

I don't like the idea of dumbing down a game to make it more accessible to the masses. I'd rather have a racing game with sim realistic physics, and make it accessible to casuals by including driving aids, adjustable AI difficulty, and a proper tutorial on how to drive & setup the car.

Sim_Player likes this.
  8. AMillward

AMillward Registered

yeah, it looks like it’ll just be a LAN thing with an F1 theme. Bit like how Simply Race in Milton Keynes operates.

Okay, you do that then. You play rfactor2 with all the assists off, and if people want to drop in and have fun at a LAN thing with settings enabled to let them just drop in and have fun- let them do that. You do you, stop worrying about everyone else.

The team I drive for is sponsored by a LAN sim racing centre that runs rf2. We met up and did some races and the assists were on. Had a few runs round Croft and it was a laugh. Key point: It. Was. A. Laugh.

then two weeks later three of us were racing touring cars and a couple of others were doing VEC with no assists and doing it “properly”. But since we were having a casual fun meet up, it was casual and fun.

Just because YOU like a certain aspect or want a certain thing, doesn’t mean everyone else is a moron.

TheMenace, idk, Remco Majoor and 4 others like this.
  9. RusRob

RusRob Registered

My guess is they will be using Event Mode. rF1 had a special build that was just for corporate events. It is a fixed UI that is controlled by the steering wheel, brake and gas pedals. A user that doesn't know anything about racing sims just follows instructions on screen to start a race. It was for LAN races only. I did a number of builds using that system for a couple of the sim manufactures so I know it pretty well. I am guessing when S397 bought rF that the Event Mode was part of that system.

It is actually a great way to get people interested in sim racing without having to know anything about the sim or how to use it.

10. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

Adam Breeden is developing a business of shops where you can enjoy bowling, darts, dancing, etc. while drinking and eating. Therefore, the F1 game does not have to be a hardcore SIM, it will be a level of racing game that you can enjoy while eating and drinking. I don't know if it's good or bad, but there is no doubt that it will be one of the opportunities to experience F1 which is the highest peak of motor sports in a familiar and easy way.

11. AMillward

AMillward Registered

but the assumption you’ve made is that rf2 as a whole will be “dumbed down” to cater for these newer people. At most it’ll be a product specifically for this new centre and is nothing to worry about from an actual rf2 standpoint. There’s been overreaction. Again.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The entire thread is a fiction. 10 pages by the weekend, probably...

PatientRF2fan and bobbie424242 like this.
  13. guenther

guenther Registered

sounds like a usual thread in this forum :'D

StuartAM and Lazza like this.
  14. lagg

lagg Registered

That's how the current world works.
    We can see the same in this forum. People asking for another UI, driver labels, an improved HUD, etc.
    People want things now and easy.

coltair and Sim_Player like this.
  15. AMillward

AMillward Registered

In addition- Hardcore audience isn’t big enough. Casuals sell more copies that generate more income.

it’s business. Plain and simple. Same way a restaurant isn’t going to sell a specific thing that only one person a week buys. They’re going to focus on what sells

lagg likes this.
  16. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I wonder what does "gamified" means. I was thinking for a while how cool it would be to have a game that would have arcade game play, but simulation physics. I would love NFSU1 with proper realistic physics.

Most likely it will be just car parameters altered in such way, that tires won't wear, sliding would be very easy, aero never stalling and so.

Besides IMO it is important to keep arcade alive, because it can't actually go away, if arcade is falling out of fashion, it will just blend into simulation. And actually that is exactly what has been happening since ~2015.

17. Bernat

Bernat Registered

That's what the gaming industry is all about, that's what it's selling. Be a hero from your chair without any effort. Gamers want to win epic races without effort, without practicing, without even knowing how to drive. The easier it gets the more likely they're going to engage with the game and feel satisfied.

18. AMillward

AMillward Registered

But even in these “easy” games, the best will still ruin you.

FS7 likes this.
  19. FERNANDO CABRERA

FERNANDO CABRERA Registered

Not putting my hands for the Nascar game, but at least if bring us the Stock Car 2018 and Stock Car 2018x models to rFactor2 free of charge.
    Also if there are any change in the Ai behavior in oval racing is possible that those changes come also to rFactor2, or are applied first in rfactor2; and that's a critical point given that Nascar and IndyCar runs in ovals and I have read a lot issues in oval racing in rFactor2.

20. SharD

SharD Registered

And the easier they get bored of the game.

FS7 likes this.