Competition System problem

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Pojo, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Pojo

Pojo Registered

I'm trying to join Indycar Open Challenge in the new competition system. When I click signup it tells me it can't activate it because of some mod or content I have installed that keeps it from working. The problem is that it doesn't tell me which content is keeping it from working. This makes the competition system all but useless to me, because I'm not going to uninstall every piece of content to try and get it to work. Is there a way to see exactly what content is keeping it from working?

Thanks

2. justposted

justposted Registered

I don't think so I'm afraid. Usually when that happens I look in the Packages section (not sure where that is in the new UI) and look for mods with names I don't recognise. That usually means almost anything I didn't get from the workshop.

It's quicker using ModMgr, if you know what that is.

Before you do any of that though, do make sure to come out of the Competition System and back to the main menu. Then go back in and try to sign up again. I have to do that after every sign up or I get that content warning.

3. Todor Vasilev

Todor Vasilev Registered

Just open the ModMgr.exe (default directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin64) and you will find the mod there under the name 220207_cs_indycar and it's a type Mod file. When you select it from the menu in the bottom right corner there is a content field. You will see which content you are missing from there. [​IMG]

atomed likes this.
  4. Todor Vasilev

Todor Vasilev Registered

I have a different type of issue with the Content system and I noticed this happened recently. All the rest of the game menus are working fine as usual but when I open the Content part it loads the "home" page of it (I will call it) and it's all in gray colour. Then I see all the different competitions on the bottom and the schedules list etc. But all of a sudden the game gets veeeeery laggy. One mouse click takes minutes to respond and do what it's supposed to be doing. Even hovering over the different competitions on the bottom of the page takes a long time to colour each individual competition in its colours and if I click on any of them takes minutes to show me the check for the content buttons. If I click to subscribe for it then game over there. It just starts loading something and takes forever. But the interesting thing is that if I open the task manager and see what is actually happening the game looks like is not doing anything at all, with no CPU, GPU or Network usage at all. It just freezes allegedly loading the content and actually doing nothing. At the same time, I can't go back to the main menu because nothing is responding and operational anymore. The only way to stop this is to end task the whole game.
    Anyone else experiencing this with the beta version of this Competition system, please?

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yes, maybe half the times I open it. If you open it and you see the stuff is all appearing slowly, the clocks finally appear down the bottom and they're running slowly, make your way to the exit button top left, wait for the UI to understand that you're there, then click it and wait... and wait...

And about 30-45 seconds later you'll be back in the main game menu. Go back into the CS - it'll probably run fine.

Todor Vasilev likes this.