How can I fix this video glitch?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Compound 6, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Compound 6

Compound 6 Registered

glitch.png As you can see, there is a BIG video glitch.

But, not all circuits are having this problem.

What can I do for this problem?

If you need more information to solve this problem, than I will give you the information as many as I can.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

System specs? Driver version?

Have you cleared cbash and shaders? Are you using the current rF2 build?

3. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Welcome to the Matrix :cool:

Lazza likes this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Is that track updated to DX11? If, as he says it does not happen at all tracks, I would guess it's a dX9 track first.

5. Compound 6

Compound 6 Registered

Ok, sorry for the late reply.

Basically I am using Mac and running rF2 in Bootcamp.
    The system specs are;
    CPU : 2.7 GHz 12Core Intel Xeon E5
    RAM : 64GB 1866 MHz DDR3
    GPU : AMD FirePro D500 3GB

But how can I know my everything else except System Specs?
    Like Driver version, cbash and shaders, the rF2 build...

Could you tell me how to find those things?

6. Compound 6

Compound 6 Registered

What is DX11 and DX9?

Well, this circuit is official FE Diriyah circuit. (Which I bought on Steam)

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The biggest single issue could be your MAC. The videocard is lacking VideoRam(Vram) and may not be capable of loading all the newer shaders & graphics used by the newer tracks. I'd suggest looking for the MAC files that are specifically DX11 compatible. Unfortunately, not many here use the MAC for gaming so finding precise help may be difficult.

Diriyah Looks like a 3rd party effort, by that I mean two guys not associated with S397 made it. NOTHING wrong with that, it actually looks very good on their video. But that also answers my question.

rFactor 2 is an old program. When it was released DX9 was the 3d graphic engine for Windows. When S397 purchased rFactor2 from it's original code team, they began an update, seems like 4 or 5 years ago now, that upgraded the graphics from the older DX9 standard to a more modern DX11. (DX12 and 13 are already here but NOT for rFactor 2) So one of the issues with tracks made before the change to DX11 was the older tracks would look flashy or overbright due to some incompatible textures used by the older tracks. Most of those all got updated to DX11 and the Diriyah looks like it was made completely in DX11, so no need for any conversion and not the problem.

The cbash and shaders are folders used to store cached graphic textures so that the long long rFactor 2 track loading could be somewhat sped up. It's much better now but not that long ago, loading a track could take ages.
    To clear those two folders you need to use windows explorer and find your rFactor 2 installation. This is the most common pathway to those folders:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Log
    Inside the log folder are several more folders, one called cbash and one called shaders. If you double click on cbash it will open and show all the tracks you have loaded. You can highlight all of those and just delete them. Same for anything in the Shaders folder. You should not have to repeat this process as they have changed the way rF2 saves the information.

Drivers are the files Windows uses to communicate with your computer. There are drivers for the mouse, keyboard, sound, video, just about everything in Windows has a driver of some sort.
    The current build is essentially the new graphic based User Interface(UI). If you have the new UI, then you can rest assured you have the latest version. It should look like this:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@davehenrie ??????? It's an official F-E track. It's DLC. It's certainly not DX9. What the?

@Compound 6 Dave is right on one thing though, and that's that many of us aren't familiar with the Mac and its requirements. 3GB video RAM is on the lower end of things but I wouldn't say it's what's causing the green. Could be drivers or something but I don't know how that works on a Mac. Sorry.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Shows you how little attention I paid to FE. Stepped in that one!

10. Compound 6

Compound 6 Registered

@davehenrie @Lazza

Am I misunderstanding? I am running rF2 on Windows, which I installed by Bootcamp.

My launcher is in latest version.

I tried to delete cbash and shader, but the result was same.
    Or even get weird. Oh no.

upload_2022-2-12_15-30-52.png

11. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

Is that happens on all tracks or only particular one? Did you try to change graphics settings in game?

12. Compound 6

Compound 6 Registered

Yes, this glitch is only happening on some particular tracks. I've changed graphic settings in game, but its still like that.

13. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

I saw some wired effects on couple of circuits when Environment reflection was switched off.
    Like that
    [​IMG]
    When I turn on Environment reflections it starts to look ok