CS-closed Rookie Cup (Alpine A110 Cup) (Q1-S1)

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

No idea what's causing this, but tried to join yesterday and today, when there were between 30 and 40 people online ... at Mores ... :D:D:D

So I got two times the message that I didn't make it into a split. How about making two splits so that races get a bit more clean and that mor people can join? Or is there another issue? It seems to me that all drivers in the queue get cramped into one race.

2. OneMoreOdd

OneMoreOdd Registered

A strange problem occur when I join the competition. During the session I see flags, opponents positions and laptimes changes in HUD, but no opponents cars on the track. On the event info map all opponents are in pits, but their laptimes changes. I tried to rejoin sessions, reinstall mods and the whole game, but nothing. Despite multiplayer works pretty well for me. I really want to participate in the competition, help me to solve this problem, please.

3. OneMoreOdd

OneMoreOdd Registered

I tried to join the session once again, but this problem was still there. Luckily, rejoin the session helped me this time.

4. FrC

FrC Registered

Something has changed on the default setup?
    It's now very difficult to manage this alpine cup, a lot of over steer!??

TrigMan59 likes this.
  5. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Lower tyre pressure slightly, lower camber slightly, reduce rear arb.
    Enter the corner at an appropriate speed, make smooth but decisive turn in, then resist the urge to make unessesarry corrections - keep turning into the corner. The car will usually come good on its own, so then once you have a solid platform hit the throttle and wind off some steering. You might catch some oversteer on exit but it's not too hard to control and only wasts a small amount of time.

It is what it is, there's not too much more you can do than that.

6. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Registered

I just joined a Rookie race at 21:00 with only 1 other driver showing up. We had both been practicing tonight in Single Player mode earlier. During both Practice and Qualifying in the Competition server our cars would randomly wheel hop or the brakes would lock up. This wasn't the case ever in racing Single Player. The race started and suddenly my FFB (which worked in Practice and Qualifying) was gone all of a sudden. In the 3rd turn on the first lap the cars brakes locked up and wheel hopped me into the fence. A DNF for me. I watched the other racer and by the second lap he had wrecked out too. Why is the experience in the Competition Server completely different than single player? I have a blazing fast Internet connection and I have never experienced anything like this in any of my other racing simulations.

7. Speed is not always the key to a stable connection. But i cant explain what you are experincing, never seen that before. Is it the 21:00 CET rookie race please?

In other news - CS will be going down for about an hour. The next few sessions will not be available.

8. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Registered

Yes, it was the race at 21:00 (9:00 pm EST). The other driver, Tommy experienced the same exact problems as I did, but had no problems using this car/track combination offline in single player mode. I’ll try one more race to see if the problems were isolated to last night. Hopefully it does. Thanks.

Deleted member 24698 likes this.
  9. Please report back, thank you

10. AUY2K

AUY2K Registered

I was able to join a race yesterday without issues. I came from iRacing and I was very hesitant about what I was going to experience as far as people being jerks and the race turning into destruction derby. I pleasantly surprised that it was one of the cleanest online races I have ever participated in! We had 16 drivers! Now I have a few questions:

1. Is there a ranking system like iRating? We had drivers from all different levels - lap times ranged from sub .50 to 1 min.
    2. Is there a penalty system such as Safety Rating?
    3. Also, are stats recorded so we can see our past race results?

Alejandro Diaz Reina likes this.
  11. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

1- yes but not yet visible. E erything you do right now is recorded
    2- safety rating is not a penalty system. It is just a rating. From day 1 there seems to be a reporting system in the make, from which I understood would apply actual penalties unlike iracing. So this will directly affect your results and rating
    3- not yet, but it is being recorded

12. FrC

FrC Registered

Thanks for you answer
    I finally find the solution, but it's still a problem for me:
    I removed the enduracer mod and delete the .cch and the .mas files
    I re-installed the enduracer alpine mod, did a quick test: behaviour is perfect
    I make a new subscritpion for rookie cup, do a quick test: beahviour has totaly change, too much oversteer, too easy to block the rear wheels during brake
    Too strange!!
    Anybody could help me?
    Thanks a lot ;)

13. Miquel Ramos

Miquel Ramos Registered

Well, you should change the setup. Go up with brake bias, reduce rear ARB, maybe rear ride height. I don't remember what changes I did, but with 3 or 4 things, car is very stable and fast

14. FrC

FrC Registered

it's not a setup problem, something change during or after subscription to rookie alpine cup in CS
    I made the test 2 times with & without subscription with default setup in both case: the behaviour is totally different
    without or before subscription: very stable, fast eazy to manage understeer & oversteer (all right I'm not an alien, but i love this car)
    but wih: too much oversteer, too much brake on the rear, it's not the same car, it's like I have a different rotation wheel, but it's not the case
    (impossible to make a complete lap without 1 or 2 spin)
    Thanks a lot for help, I really want to drive on CS with real simracers ;)
    If needed, feel free to move this post in a other topic
    FrC

15. Miquel Ramos

Miquel Ramos Registered

It's setup because the car is not the same. When you subscribe to CS, you are downloading another mod with Aero Fix in the updates. I don't know what is this fix, but I found very oversteery the car and with small changes now is good

16. FrC

FrC Registered

Ok I will try, but it's really strange due to the oversteer is really unpredictable, and feel brake like 100% on the rear
    All my tests did on Portland, no other workshop content except 4 or 5 tracks (no other car)
    Feel free to send me your setup to try it
    the enduracers version seems so realistic for this type of car
    And the CS version with setup default is undrivable, very strange for a rookie cup, isn't it?

evi, TrigMan59 and ir Sindaco like this.
  17. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Registered

Agreed! This car and default the setup wouldn’t be my personal choice for a rookie league.

18. Miquel Ramos

Miquel Ramos Registered

Not special setup, but it could be useful for every track

Attached Files:

makan, pkelly, ir Sindaco and 2 others like this.
  19. FrC

FrC Registered

Thanks, i will test it on monday, maybe sunday evening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.