Replay/ VCR files Destination

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by DerrickM, Feb 3, 2022.

Tags:
  1. DerrickM

DerrickM Registered

Hello,
    New to rFactor 2. Is there a way to change the Replay / VCR files destination? I would like to have them located on an external/auxillary drive so the main drive does not run out of space. If not, can the game be located on an external drive? I know it relates to Steam but if there is a way, I'd like to save space on my main drive. Thanks.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Late reply, but I wouldn't recommend trying to do this. Some people strangely have performance issues relating to replays being active (I say strangely because I never have, and was running on slow HDDs for longer than most) and I think having the replays written to a storage/external drive would risk having those issues.

You could use mklink to move the folder if you were really really keen.

Finally, even at full fidelity the replay files are relatively small compared to the rest of the game. Probably easier to just clean them out or move old ones to storage periodically.

3. DerrickM

DerrickM Registered

Thanks for your reply. I did finally find where the files are stored. They are really very small files and can be deleted or moved like any windows file.