BMW M4 GT3 Engine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by L0P3X, Feb 9, 2022.

1. L0P3X

L0P3X Registered

I'm actually enjoying a lot the new cars and Daytona, but there's something that I have been curious about for some days now.

When the Daytona - BMW M4 GT3 was released I noted that the sound pitch was higher than in other games, but I don't really mind that too much.

Then, when I first tried it on track I realised that the RPM limit is also higher (I'm used to the M4 GT3 from ACC, where the redline is 7000 rpm)

Out of curiosity I tried to do some reseach to know where this 500 extra rpm came from, but I could only find some info about the road car counterpart (or at least, a similar engine to the one used in racing), which also has the rpm limit at 7k.

Does anyone know the reason behind this?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Just to be clear, are you SURE you are driving the M4 GT3 and not theM4 CLASS1(DTM) freebie?

3. L0P3X

L0P3X Registered

The DLC one, so GT3 is it

Just an example of what I mean, check how Yoann upshifts at around 7.2k rpm, 200 RPM over where the supposed RPM Limit "should be"

(btw I'm not critizising neither the new content or the driver, the Power and Torque delivery seems accurate tbh)

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I just checked the rF2 settings and the redline for the M4 GT3 is hard locked at 7500rpm. Remember ACC has specific SRO mandated BOP levels for cars and rF2 has a generic GT3.(none of the GT3 cars are customized to exactly match any one particular GT3 series)

5. L0P3X

L0P3X Registered

I believe they don't do the BoP's by tuning down the RPM actually.

But anyways, the point is that the road legal engine (or as i said on my first post, a similar one) also has a 7000 RPM limit, so I don't think there's a BoP there

6. mjo1704

mjo1704 Registered

i looked at gt3 class engine rules which are also country specific no mention bmw m4 gt3 engine rev limit only power weight ratio so how can i know what is the racing car rev limit e.g. porsche 911 gt3 it is 9000 rpm