Indycar AI too slow..am I missing something?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by jonrarit, Feb 9, 2022.

1. jonrarit

jonrarit Registered

Got home and purchased the new indycar and daytona last night with much anticipation.........

Chose my car and the Indy500 upgrade and set a race with 10 AI ...only to find even at 120% the AI cars are way too slow. They just go around in single file, no overtaking and at about 4 seconds a lap slower than me.

Aggression is set to 100% and no AI limiter but still they are way too slow.

Am I missing something to make the AI more realistic/faster?

thanks

Just2Laps likes this.
  2. redapg

redapg Registered

I have not tried the new Indy Car yet, but if you use an Upgrade which is not the first one in it's Section, the AI won't use that too.
    And if it is a low Downforce Update, as i would suppose it is, when it's called Indy500, the AI of course is slower.
    You normally can force the AI to use the same Upgrades like you.
    BUT, for that, the "fixed Upgrades" Functionality has to work, what it didn't since a long Time.
    But you can simply try it out. ;)

3. Just2Laps

Just2Laps Registered

It's strange. I have tried it at the Indianapolis Speedway too with the IR18. In standard 2D with AI at 90 it is hard for me to do 1 lap without accident, ok speed is good to overtake but no big difference to the other cars.

When going to the Indy 500 track with matching setup the other cars seem to have a stuck throttle, even at AI 120%, Agression 100% it's so easy to overtake, the other cars seem to stand still. The effect is even stronger when driving in VR.
    Aggression is ZERO, other cars are driving like on a string of pearls. To drive in the middle of the pack I have to lift the throttle at least 30%.

When pushing the pedal to the metal than I can overtake all cars at once even from the last position on the straight in a few seconds.

Seems somthing to be very wrong with the AI
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ04b3aQerG_sEbYobYQ7Kg

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

could you take a screen shot of the cars on track? Sounds like you have the superspeedway aero and are driving against the AI with High Downforce. The superspeedway aero has a very small rear wing & and a setup that pulls left.(it is supposed to to help the car corner) Road course cars top out at about 200mph, Superspeedway can hit around 250mph in a draft.
    But ONE of the issues with rF2 AI is that they don't take advantage of a draft and end up stuck behind other cars, which slows the whole train down.

5. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

They do tend to keep all 4 wheels on the track.

6. Just2Laps

Just2Laps Registered

Need to set the "Force Setup" button in the customize car menu after chosing the low downforce resp. the Indy 500 setup, then all other cars have the same setup and AI fits very well then

Tom Tabone likes this.