Purchase obligation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ralphy, Feb 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ralphy

ralphy Registered

Hello, I still don't understand why the s397 insists on having to buy "All" the content for a race!

let me explain !

I own all the cars and most of the circuits and the problem is that I miss "VIR" the last circuit of the season! Why can't we do the other circuits before deciding to buy the last circuit???? I find it totally ridiculous as an economic system. Obliged to buy "All" the contents to ride on 2-3 circuits which are at the start of the season. Why make "OBIGATION" to buy a circuit that, for example, does not interest me and that I would surely not ride on it? I buy content without riding on it?! and this also applies to cars!

Will this ever change? I really hope so !

Attached Files:

2. Comante

Comante Registered

All the other content of the serie is free, see it like that: you are offered a month of free races, 1 every hour, every day, for few bucks and ONLY once. If it happen you own all the content needed, the price is reduced to 0.

This has been explained to you already several times. Not going to change.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Discussed ad nauseam for years.

You either buy the track to take part in the series, or you don't. It's a free world.

4. guenther

guenther Registered

Shocking! Company demands money for their products! What will be next? Wet water?

5. ralphy

ralphy Registered

Is there anyone serious who can answer? thanks in advance!

memoNo1 likes this.
  6. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

To be honest, I don't understand what answer do you expect. They have their business model setup the way thay see fit. You can either use it as is, or not.

7. ralphy

ralphy Registered

for competition servers how do I do?
    if the car interests me and not the circuit? !

I understand that it is expensive for servers to put it should really review a lot of things and the economy mode is one of them. this remains my point of view there are a lot of people who are full of this and the thing is that they don't come to the forum to talk about it.

anyway thanks for the answer.

Attached Files:

memoNo1 likes this.
  8. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

We can discuss this all day long, and agree on some things and disagree on another. But at the end of the day it all comes to that they use this way of eligibility to access competiton (all cars and all tracks that are in that competiton). If they will see it fit to do it otherwise, I'm sure they will change it. Until then.....

9. Alessio Feletto

Alessio Feletto Registered

I want a Rolls Royce, but it's to expensive for me, they need to revise their business model!

sg333, Mitch9, Remco Majoor and 2 others like this.
  10. ralphy

ralphy Registered

I would wait but many have been waiting for a long time now. after he starts to really work on the game so... I can wait some more.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Note he said "If they see fit". I don't think they've ever said they were going to change the way this works (needing all content to join a race, needing all content to join a CS series) so at this stage you wouldn't be waiting for anything.

They have said a couple of times they'd look into making discounts for already bought stuff possible (so you buy a pack and already own part of it, you might save that part of the cost) but no timeframe on that either.

Fact is there's no obligation here. No one forces you to buy the game, no one forces you to run in the CS. One of the CS series is completely free. No one forces you to run the CS series that need you to own a track.

They have no obligation to explain this to you, and other users trying to do so aren't in a position to defend or explain them either. You have the option to buy something to take part, or don't. That's your right as a consumer.

12. ralphy

ralphy Registered

I understand but it's one of the rare simulation that still does that.

13. ralphy

ralphy Registered

hey if it's an Obligation because I can't participate so I have to pay to play it. after nothing forces me to pay as you say lazza. but the problem remains present it is in my opinion an obligation and as tomi said we could spend our time debating it

14. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

debate about what a company does? If we do not have decision-making capacity, it is absurd to debate that!
    if you want to buy, if you don't want to buy, you don't participate, there is nothing more, nothing to discuss, or to explain anything new that has not already been told to you

15. doddynco

doddynco Registered

16. guenther

guenther Registered

17. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

I think the only other option for a buisness model would be subscription based, so let´s not go back to that.

Not a fan of the package system tho, imo the cons outweight the pros

18. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

That´s not at all what the op is saying.
    He wants a big mac and he´s happy to pay for it, but mcdonalds wont let him eat it at the restaurant if he doesnt buy a big soda too. He´s not interested in the soda, just wants the burger, so he´ll have to eat his food elsewhere.

19. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

Nope, he said he´s only missing VIR, so he did buy daytona

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Lol, most of the McDonalds around here have locked the lobby & only service the drive thru as they cannot hire & keep enough staff to man the indoor seating. Even with an advertised starting salary above the minimum & higher than other fast food places(many of which also have the same issues) So NO COKE FOR YOU! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.