Released The February 2022 Update | Now Live

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I cannot understand wild expectations around recent releases. The tone recently has been pretty obvious - there's no major core updates coming yet. I wouldn't put money on major features and bug fixing this year, maybe longer. I think I said that already a month or two ago.

That doesn't change next week. Buy new content or don't - but stop expecting the leopard to suddenly change its spots. If/when it happens, jump back in...

2. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

lol paid 5 euro too much, could have bought it as a pack. Couldnt see any packs at that time. who cares great cars and track.

Bernat likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I did too, but fortunately I saw the posts about the pack within the two hour refund window. My refund has been approved, just waiting for the wallet to refill. (they said it 'COULD' be up to 24hrs)

4. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Instant buy for the Q1 pack, 16,80€ for 1 track and 3 cars, with the best FFB/physics in the world, only a fool won't buy it.
    It's the Highest standard in the sim racing community.
    There is a lot of work to do, but I'm very proud of the rF2's state now.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
    Bernat and GTClub_wajdi like this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Refund period for items is 48 hours. It's 2 hours (usage) for games.

Emery and davehenrie like this.
  6. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

The content is great, as you would expect. Daytona looks great and also shows good performance. The cars released are also great at first glance (but of course I need to do a lot more laps). Funny somehow that you can now see a Fanatec steering wheel in the BMW ....great releases, great work

Lars likes this.
  7. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

If that’s the case then I’d expect such statement in official roadmap or something. Many people still expect or at least hope for some core improvements this year- including me.

8. Lethal

Lethal Registered

@Paul Jeffrey
    I have some questions and suggestions!

1° For those who purchased the Endurance Pack and Endurance Upgrade Pack will not receive the Ligier JS P320 LMP3?
    2° For those who purchased the GT3 Power Pack and GT3 Challenger Pack will not receive the BMW M4 GT3?

UNFAIR to buy GT3 Pack, Endurance Pack and DAYTONA PACK again because of 2 (3 including Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020) cars, because whoever bought the "upgraded" pack will receive it, but whoever bought the old 4 Packs will not!

3° Add a Bundle with the BMW M4 GT3 and Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020.
    4° Add a Bundle with All Tracks.
    5° Add a Bundle with All Cars.

Update!
    I put steam to check the game files, the Ligier JS P320 car is downloaded, as if I already had it, but as soon as I play the game it doesn't install and then it gives an error!

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      9.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      204.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      780.7 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      37.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  9. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Congratulations, 1758 24H peak players, the new record too for the all time peak players, in december 2021, it was the lowest number of players, in january 2022, it's the highest.
    rf2 steamchart.jpg

10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Packs never function like season passes, only a group of single items at a discount. At some point someone will have to buy something from outside a pack if they had mistakenly bought single items which were packed up after.

When you buy a pack, you receive what it contains at that point in time (listed in the description) . Later on a pack might change with what is in it, previous purchasers have no right to the content added to the pack... Because they never bought it in the first place.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Why? Why would you expect such a clear statement? Are you forgetting the past?

I hope too, but I don't expect.

lagg and Dady Cairo like this.
  12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Biff, we'd like to clearly state the update YOU are expecting is not in our UI/Car/Track DLC release.
    Tom, we'd like to clearly state the update YOU are expecting is not in our UI/Car/Track DLC release.
    Cyril, we'd like to clearly state the update YOU are expecting is not in our UI/Car/Track DLC release.
    Sally....etc...etc....etc.
    I am not surprised that because NOTHING was said about any physics, AI, tire, whatever fixes, then so many here just assumed it must be included. For the tenth time, at least, don't you all think that IF a major repair had been made, they would not STEALTH it into the game, like the driver labels they would make an announcement almost entirely devoted to that correction. DIDYA read any of those this past week?

13. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Nothing on the Dev Guide yet. Hopefully soon (Please?)

The way that the packs are, I have to agree, I've been burnt a few times. It would be cool if instead of the Packs, there was something similar to iRacing where you get a deal for buying multiple items at once. For example, I purchased the Nurburgring day one. Held off on Spa and Monza as those were wanted, but not at face value. One way for me to get that Spa and Monza at a discount was with the Nurburgring, and the Formula Pro. Had a similar thing with the Formula E pack as buying early on one item, waiting on the additional items, then things get switched around, where you have to buy something a second time. I can already foresee of having to buy Daytona again in the future.

Lethal likes this.
  14. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

Let me be the fool then.:D

15. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Don't tell me you have bought AMS2 and all the DLC ?? it's arcade compared to rF2.
    ;)

Rui Santos and TrigMan59 like this.
  16. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Please lets not start these fanboyz talks and let people enjoy the Games as they wish

17. lagg

lagg Registered

Fanboys vs Haters
    :(

18. boxer

boxer Registered

Pack price is a reasonable deal so I bought the pack. The only thing I don't like is that it's too much Endurance racing focused.

Elcid43 likes this.
  19. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

@Paul Jeffrey or anybody at S397, any chance of bringing back the Endurance Pack 2 or the Nurburgring pack (or whatever name it was), preferably the Radical and 911 Cup (w/o the 'ring that I already have) as well as the Kartsim (only has the first 2 kart/3 track pack). I had missed the sales and had hoped to wait for the summer sale

the prospect of having duplicate contents makes is very unattractive to buy contents as I already have with Sebring (which I don't have a clue what to do with it) and not including individual cars/tracks under sales deal makes it very unattractive to buy as well - thanks

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
  20. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Yes exactly

I own both and tend to enjoy them both for different reasons and that’s great to have diversity

I also tend to push positive criticism as much as possible without getting emotional , ok maybe the AMG feel in RF2 being an exception:p