Sun exposure high

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by jazzmega, Feb 6, 2022.

1. jazzmega

jazzmega Registered

Hello everyone,

In VR there are some situations that the Sun increases extremely the exposure or contrast, here is an example in official SEBRING
    I have WMR HP Reverb G2. Here is an screenshot from WMR portal:

upload_2022-2-6_17-20-48.png

Here trough lenses:
    upload_2022-2-6_17-23-22.png

As you can see the ground is almost completely white.

Do you know how can I solve this?

Thanks a lot
    Best regards

2. Oldgamergazza

Oldgamergazza Registered

I have the same problem with a Valve Index:(

3. lukadeu

lukadeu Registered

I have the same. It is not only sebring. everything is white. Exposure is way to hi. In VR headset even more than on screenshot. Dont you guys have some VR headset to test on it. This hapend two month ago. I stoped playing becouse of that. I have all your content from store and I cant play. Today I bouth Daytona and M4. Will there be any solution please. Some contrast settings? Please confirm that you are aware of this problem.

Thank you.

Luka

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  4. jazzmega

jazzmega Registered

I have some relief that it's not only me. If you want a trick before it's fixed put manually clouds, like 75% clouds and it looks so nice.

But only sun is way to contrasted honestly

5. Oldgamergazza

Oldgamergazza Registered

Anyone have a fix for this?

6. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Registered

Having the same problem. Reverb G2, BMW M4 at Sebring.

7. olukelo

olukelo Registered

Same problem. Pimax VR headset. Tracks are overexposed.

8. Stevy

Stevy Registered

Same. OG Vive

9. Daniele Lillati

Daniele Lillati Registered

First of all I apologize for my English, I translated with the automatic translator from Italian. Now I have lost hope. Even the latest update didn't fix the track brightness issue in VR. Sebring and many other tracks remain too bright (almost white to the eye in some places) if the sky is clear (the problem is very evident at 2pm). I think it's a problem of how the sunlight reflects off the track, in fact if the sky is cloudy you can see everything. The problem can only be solved by developers. Perhaps a setting that allows you to maintain the brightness of the sun as if the sky were always cloudy would be sufficient. In the forums the problem was reported a long time ago, so I guess the developers don't mind fixing it. Please fix this as it is not possible to participate in online leagues in VR.

10. Oldgamergazza

Oldgamergazza Registered

It was mentioned that it is the exposure that is too high, which makes sense, strange how more people aren't getting the same problem:(

11. Daniele Lillati

They probably haven't tried in the conditions where it gives problems, like sebring with clear skies at 2 pm

12. lagg

lagg Registered

Or the perception of everyone is different.
    With the same conditions, some people need to wear sunglasses and others no.

13. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

There's a bloom effect caused by post processing, try to reduce the post processing effects level or disable it on the external graphics configurator, maybe it helps.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
  14. Daniele Lillati

Thanks for your reply, but I always keep the post processing effects off.

15. Daniele Lillati

Sorry for my English, I translated with the translator from Italian.
    In all other simulators (or games) this problem does not exist, so either all the others are wrong, or in rFactor2 there is something wrong.
    Remaining only on rFactor2 why in some tracks yes and in others not? If it were as you say it should be that sunlight everywhere.
    Having said that I want to assume that you are right, so if it is a matter of personal perception, all the more so I ask the developers to provide a tool to adjust the maximum sunlight.

Original italian message:
    Scusa per il mio inglese, ho tradotto con il traduttore dall'italiano.
    In tutti gli altri simulatori (o giochi) questo problema non esiste, quindi o tutti gli altri sono sbagliati, o in rFactor2 c'è qualcosa di sbagliato.
    Restando solo su rFactor2 perchè in alcune piste si e in altre no? Se fosse come dici dovrebbe essere ovuque quella luce solare.
    Detto questo voglio ipotizzare che abbia ragione tu, quindi se è una questione di percezione personale a maggior ragione chiedo agli sviluppatori di fornire uno strumento per regolare la luce massima del sole.

16. lagg

lagg Registered

For me is ok if the developers add the option to configure this. I agree with this.
    But you said "They probably haven't tried in the conditions where it gives problems, like sebring with clear skies at 2 pm".
    I've tried it, and for me is ok. That's all. In fact i race with the OP, and i know the exact conditions of the race that this postis referred to.
    The perception of the visuals are very different for different people.
    Some people don't like the excesive ligh conditions and others don't like the dark ones. Some can't race with aliasing and it's ok for other. Some need a big FOV or a big sweet spot, meanwhile others no.
    I don't say that this is ok. I say that those light conditions don't bother me.
    A perfect example of this, is the new UI. I prefer a white UI than a dark one.
    There is no accounting for tastes.

17. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

upload_2022-4-13_16-5-2.png

lagg likes this.
  18. lagg

lagg Registered

Hopefully solves this and the excesive light doesn't brother anyone.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
  19. Daniele Lillati

I tried the release candidate at sebring. I don't think anything has changed. Do I have to put a particular setting? Do you find it changed?

20. olukelo

olukelo Registered

I've managed to remove overexposure in VR with help of Reshade. As Reshade works in VR now I've used MagicHDR.fx to setup exposure to my own preferences. And it works!

ebeninca likes this.