Now THIS is a great summary of OUR user experience

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kevin Karas, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

Yes, yes its subjective again, but another one where rF2 ended up pretty bad :D And again its because of the UI/UX.

Its like everyone likes the driving (which is a good sign), but gets thrown out by the experience

rand777, Nieubermesch and RDG like this.
  2. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

This youtuber really tells nonsense. Just three examples :

- The FFB as well as the physics should occupy the first place and in addition should occupy a much more important place in the notation.

- rFactor 2 now has one of the best places in graphics quality.

- Also he says that rF2 has a good performance just behind iRacing. WHAT A JOKE.

This guy says anything, he's a clown.
    2nd and last time I watch one of these videos. Clearly.

MiguelVallejo likes this.
  3. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

He gave his subjective opinions. Not everyone weighs FFB and physics the most in a sim (I do, but I don’t think physics are best in rf2). Rf2 can look good but overall ACC or pcars 2 are much better for me.

nolive721 and Pawel44 like this.
  4. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

You have the right to have a different opinion, but take my other two examples if you don't mind.

What he says makes absolutely no sense.

It puts rF2's graphics at the worst, whereas rF2 is now in the top 3, light years away from iracing for example.

Another example that this guy has absolutely not what he is talking about : the second best performance behind iracing? AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH.

rF2 is very poorly optimized, handles the low sun/night and the rain incredibly poorly, and also the difference in performance between the various official S397 cars made over the last 5 years, and the excessive differences in performance between the official circuits.....

Serious, this guy he really played at rF2, because this dear gentleman has an influencer role we must not forget.

Even if total objectivity is not possible, it is a shame that a guy like this is so uninformed and so subjective given the role he plays.

We do not know what goals these kind of influencers pursue, like our dear friend Ermin do you remember this guy?

5. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

The fact that you call another persons opinion "nonesense" really shows you didn´t understand what that video is all about and that you are someone who belong to the group of people in this pandemic, which instantly insult others for just having a different opinion than you do. And those people are currently toxicating the planet and the internet. Please come back to earth and start having an adult discussion especially in this environment/topic. Thanks

6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

iracing the rental game, it only has two things better than rfactor 2, the retalive and the competition system, everything else is inferior to rfactor 2, obviously no one has the absolute truth and it is only in my opinion.
    But I will never return to the rental game, I already run in leagues and I don't need more in that sense, obviously if I need the current owner of rfactor 2 to fix only the errors so far produced, including the tire system, and to make more circuits like Macao, Jerez, Sonoma, or long beach for example.
    As I have said, it is only my opinion, it is necessary to respect that other people may think differently, it does not matter if he is a fast or slow pilot, not because he is fast is a better opinion, or worse, simply respect that everyone has their ideas and they can coincide or not:);)

Kevin Karas likes this.
  7. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

I have to admit, this looks really, really good and promising. In just that video I can see sooo much things done better! Good job, finally something that looks usable.

8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

It will have to be seen in detail, but it looks good

Kevin Karas likes this.
  9. K Juliot

K Juliot Registered

After checking out the new UI on Saturday I have to say it is good step forward to getting RF2 back on track to being usable again. Still a few UI issues like can not tell what cars are being used when looking at the server list and if you click on a server that starts downloading new content it doesn't indicate that like it used to with the progress bars. Also still can't stop or cancel a race server auto download, I have to crash RF2 to get out of PC locked into that.

Again I like the new UI, setup menu's are way better in the layout functionality.

10. Roninho

Roninho Registered

You missed one for Iracing:
    Iracing is great for offline oval racing versus ai.
    There is no (recent) game that offers a working SC & yellows plus good ai pit strategy on ovals.
    I recently did a 500 miles race at michigan with indycars and worked without a glitch.

It certainly lacks at other areas. I guess every game has its pros and cons

11. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I'm not interested in a game for rent at all!
    that is never yours!...
    even more so, that even if you have spent on the $800, since you stop paying an annuity you have nothing.!!!;):rolleyes:;)

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

So don't play it. If it suits other people, good for them. Calling it "rental" all the time is childish.

13. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

to say that it is childish because it is a game for rent if it is stupid

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I drive a 20 year old car, do my own basic maintenance on it. Some people prefer to buy new cars every 3-5 years and trade in their old one. Still other people like to lease the latest car and update every year. If they stop paying they very quickly don't have a car, and they're paying as much each month as I pay a year to maintain mine.

People do what suits them.

So you have to pay a subscription to play iRacing - fine. You also have to own all the content used in a CS series to play it - fine. You have to have/own all content used in an rF2 race - fine. There are other games that have an upfront fee and then you don't need to buy anything more, or let you race with what you own without needing to own what other people are driving. Sometimes people playing those games come here and complain about rF2 pricing and I say the same - don't like it? Don't play it. So the same applies here.

All this game comparison is pointless.

15. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

a game owned is not the same as a game for rent.
    a new owned car or an old car, it doesn't matter, it's yours and you keep it as long as you want, what do you want to change it? You change it, right? Well, you're still with the old one... but it's yours!!!
    a rental car is something else.
    even a car purchased with Leasing, at the end of the contract is yours.
    therefore it is not rented...
    Another different thing is that you want to continue renewing the Leasing contract....
    Whether you like it or not, Iracing is a game for rent and will never be yours as long as you don't change its policy.
    what do you think of a childish comment?, you will know
    To tell me that it's childish for calling it a game for rent, I think it's stupid, whoever says it... and I think I'm older than you, I say it for the reciprocity of respect and stuff
    that Iracing is for rent is obvious... and that whoever wants to use it too, everyone is free to do what they want

16. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Do you actually “own” the game (rF2)? My reading of the EULA suggests not.
    https://www.studio-397.com/eula/

juanchioooo likes this.
  17. stonec

stonec Registered

As commenter above pointed out, you don't really technically own much anything in the digital world these days. Everything is more or less a cloud-based service, which the end user has limited control over. rF2 runs on Steam, so if Steam goes down, rF2 won't start (okay, extremely unlikely). Another scenario is MSG goes bankrupt, which could mean you lose access to all online services for example. In worst case, the publisher could just pull the game out of Steam, in which case you have no way of starting it anymore.

I'm not a big fan of this reduction of "ownership", but it is already what we deal with every day in other forms of entertainment like movies and music. I think you own much less of rF2 than you think and same is true for iRacing of course. The main difference is the business model. One has a recurring monthly payment like rF2 online used to have and the other sells DLC.

juanchioooo likes this.
  18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I would have to look at the contract with ISI, which was the one from whom I bought it for life... if studio 397 or any other company later reaches an agreement, it swallows my contract, and yes, my game is mine, another thing is that they can modify, but my payment of €65 in the contract signs that

19. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

lifetime I think I remember

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Lifetime invariably means the lifetime of the product. Not your lifetime.