New UI menu music no longer plays on game startup

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ferrari312, Feb 3, 2022.

1. Ferrari312

Ferrari312 Registered

I was enjoying the atmospheric music of the new UI for a few days, now it no longer plays on startup. If I go to sounds and bump the music slider by even a single percentage point the music starts playing and will continue for the duration of that current play session.

I should point out that I'm one of the people who the game isn't shutting down properly for which I've read is caused by Logitech G hub software. However, the music issue is more recent for me than the shutdown issue i.e. I was having the shutdown issue and having to kill task, then restarting the game, the music would play.

2. Ferrari312

Ferrari312 Registered

FYI, going into my player.json and setting the music to zero, saving, then setting it back to 1 and saving and restarting the game has gotten the menu music to start on its own again.

3. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

I have menu music problem too.
    Sometimes the music comes right away with the opening menu, other times it takes about 20-40 seconds for the music to be heard.
    Unless you click once on the slider under Sound, then the music is there immediately. seems to be intentional?

I have the ending problem here too.
    If you start rF2 and exit it again immediately, it hangs.
    Sometimes you can end it via task manager, other times only by restarting the computer.
    But if you really go into the game, i.e. driving training or looking at cars in the showroom, it ends normally.
    Why? Seems to be a bug.