FFB start question

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Richard Busch, Feb 5, 2022.

1. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

I wonder if anyone else has this problem. When I start rF2 and land in my garage, when I drive out, I have no FFB. I have to press escape and restart from the garage to get my FFB to start. Anyone else have this and is there a fix? Kind of a bummer if I'm pressed for time.

Thx ZZ

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Map the "reset FFB" control mapping... does that work?

3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

4. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Same problem here but it’s funny as it happens randomly and I couldn’t yet a pattern at why and when

will assign a button to reset FFB but clearly it is something that wasn’t present before UI update

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Just not for you. Why include a FFB reset if there was no need prior to this week?(FFB reset was added years ago, prior to either of the 2 new UI) You are not the first, won't be the last. It very well could have been due to the new UI, but it was NOT solely due to the new UI.(otherwise hundreds of others would be voicing the same complaint)

juanchioooo likes this.
  6. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

Interesting. I did not know there was an option to reset while driving in car.? I usually know by the time I get to pit road if my FFB is on, so all I do now is hit escape, and restart with FFB working. I really don't need another button option to push or remember.

Thanks guys.

davehenrie likes this.
  7. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

I did not experience such issue in the past

I have seen at least 3 other people mentioning the same problem in other threads and i am mot everyday on this forum so it tells me that the UI update can not be a coincidence
    What is really puzzling me is that its not happening everysingle race start but is random

Anyway, i will try the reset FFB trick when i am back home later today if i experience theq issue again

davehenrie likes this.
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That does not surprise me. Files were getting replaced and downloaded, it is very possible some issue could have cropped up during the update.
    But it certainly is something that existed prior to the UI replacement. I'm sure others have had similar issues, whatever is causing your particular problem may have been right on the cusp and some change made during the UI swap might have been the virtual last straw. I would suggest creating a brand new profile for your wheel, not a copy of an old one, but a fresh made profile within the new UI and MAYBE that will help. I really don't know, as nobody has posted a solution OTHER than the FFB reset button.

nolive721 likes this.
  9. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Understood your comments now as you believe such issue could have been underlying prior UI update

I have run several sessions after creating a custom FFB from scratch and it seems Ok now but I want to be cautious here

davehenrie likes this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

It is kind of like a police investigation, you do not want to focus on the first obvious clue. Clearly it started for you at the UI swap, but there can always be something else that was triggered by any change. As we say here....it's rF2.....
    Good Luck, hope it continues to work, that was really just a Hail Mary on my part.

nolive721 likes this.
  11. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Yes 2hrs of playing on various tracks and cars also signing in and out of the Game I don’t see any reoccurrence

davehenrie likes this.