Pit Strategy Setup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rer8sat, Feb 5, 2022.

1. rer8sat

rer8sat Registered

Project Cars 2 has a way to preplan a pit strategy, and I think that a "Pit Plan" would be a nice feature for refactor 2. Case and point. Earlier today I was racing and had a fuel low warning light, I pitted and when I was released the fuel light was still on. Perhaps I missed something in the menu, or it could be a useful addition to the setup process.
    Best Regards...

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

it is there, you have 3 additional pitstops you can preplan in your setup screens. OR you can make changes on the fly. After requesting a pitstop, the various pit options will be displayed on the mfd, Then, if you have mapped keys for up and down & left & right you can adjust tire pressure, tire compound, fuel, wing angles etc.(which ain't easy while driving btw)
    Also, make sure you don't hit the spacebar while in the pitstop, that prevents damage from being repaired and may completely abort your service stop.

atomed likes this.
  3. ClemG

ClemG Registered

Thankfully RF2 does allow you to pause your race and allow you to adjust your pit stop choices. This way you don't have to do it while driving. Like DaveH said, that's not easy. I think that's the way it should be in offline races. In real life those things are taken care of over the radio.

4. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

5. coasting&cruising

coasting&cruising Registered

I think this is a feature for the wish list section https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?forums/wish-lists.128/
    Currently, you can only set fuel in the pit strategy section of the setup. There is no way to pre-arrange the change of tires, or which compound you want (medium, soft, etc.). The "solution" of pausing the game while driving of course is feasible only in single player, but if you are doing online racing, at the moment you can't pre-plan the tire strategy.

Edit: there is actually already a wish list thread for this: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/menu-strategy.39464/

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022