Released Announcing the Ligier JS P320 LMP3

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 1, 2022.

1. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

So what did he say that got him banned?

2. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Not just one thing, but he kept bashing everything that was said, and about everything that was done by s397. He just just on going on and on, everyone was done with him. Then few days later he got banned when he kept on going still

Lars likes this.
  3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

they had too much patience with him....I would say that they took too long, in short, one troll less
    It is one thing to criticize and give your opinion and another to be continuously spamming:confused::cool:

4. AMillward

AMillward Registered

he was kicking off on discord too. The Daytona announcement wasn’t an announcement for physics updates and he just flipped.

so when people start hinting about 397 banning cos they hate criticism, not the case. He was banned for being a dick.

5. Corgan

Corgan Registered

6. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

great car

atomed and R.Noctua like this.
  7. atomed

atomed Member

LMP3 is so underrated, they're very fun to race, good job.

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Oh JUST STOP....stop trying to get this back on topic..... ;)

atomed likes this.
  9. atomed

atomed Member

Hahaha, sorry, my bad :oops:

10. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I agree that LMP3 is a great class, so fun. I much prefer driving closed-cockpit LMP cars in VR due to the restricted view.

atomed likes this.
  11. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I have bought the pack, so I have the car, but I don't really like protoype cars....

12. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I like these new cars with new kind of tires, feels like it properly closes the simulation chain. Things click into right places.

I thought it is interesting how the tires wear, they are quite durable. I thought it will be hard compound, but it is medium compound. Anyway I guess it is correct, believable to me, especially as I wasn't driving very fast yet.

The slides didn't feel too scary, but I suppose that huge fin does help a lot to counteract yaw moments, plus traction control.

With reduced rear wing and turned off TC it was actually pretty challenging, and probably not the best idea to turn off TC completely. Also ruining aerodynamic balance certainly is bad idea :D Bad tweaks will make this car quite dangerous, as it should. I guess default setup is pretty good, but it will be lots of fun experimenting with it. It drives very nice.

13. Havner

Havner Registered

LMP3's are still on old tires (at least no one from the team ever confirmed they are on new). It's also not mentioned in the Norma's changelog.

14. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Then I have fooled myself massively. Is it true, this car is still on old shoes ? I have hardly ever driven Norma before.

Anyway... thats just one more car to update, really ? It is not like GT3 where they have to update million cars.

Next time, I'll drive I'll be on a proper placebo test if I wasn't already.

15. Havner

Havner Registered

This actually makes me wonder how good the new tires are and if they would be able to fix the unrealistic driving/sliding on GT3/GTE. I myself cannot tell this using the BMW DTM or the Formula Pro as I don't know those cars well enough. I'll be able to feel the difference once they update the GT fleet (if ever). It's only those cars I've driven a lot in their current state.

16. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Can't know till it happens. And it can take a while for them to work with that much volume. If the rest of the physics wouldn't be very dependent on tires, then they could basically just do tire once, and just apply it to every car, but of course it isn't so.

You make a fair point that it is more difficult to judge magnitude of differences from unique cars, or cars that you haven't driven, or driven way too little, and perhaps never scratched the limits. I think BMW DTM car can be compared to Mclaren Senna, and latest Tatuus to previous Tatuus, or even USF2000. USF2000 for example is very fun, but it drives like on road tires, of course except laptimes. I think BMW DTM car and Formula Pro cars still has some sketchyness to them. Tatuus seems great. I also had very good impressions with new Ligier and Indycar, but I also was much slower than AI, which I usually match at that setting, so there is still handling to discover.

I am sure once they roll out GT3 cars on new rubber, people who has spent hundreds of hours with GT3 alone, will immediately spot new characteristics, in a matter of minutes. Especially if you'll experience the switch in a matter of few days, without long pause. However, there are drivers who somehow can precisely remember how something drove months ago.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
    Havner likes this.
  17. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yeah probably it is older tire model, although I am not sure, because it does not seem that bad. It does seem to permit rather large and lazy slides, but also often seems very dynamic:

I don't know could be also a setup thing, but probably isn't.

As a reference there is proper on the limit moment from RL, at 1:04, driver constantly balances car in between over steer and under steer through whole turn, and then has very rapid oversteer at the exit, and very fast hook up, that feels like it launches the car like a sling shot towards next turn lol I wonder what TC setting is in in this example.

In game it doesn't drive in this kind of way even with TC off, although it is certainly easier to spin out with TC off.

18. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

What is the diameter of the P320 steering wheel?

19. vava74

vava74 Registered

My personal view is that S397's tyres - possibly including the new ones - lack* side wall rigidity and the elasticity which would make then snap back into position when stretched to the point in which the loss of grip allows the tyre to "reseat itself", being that this movement should even have distortion to the opposite site to which it was originally stretched.
    I really enjoy driving a very old BMW M1 Procar mod which - I have been told - uses one of the original rF2 tyres and with that car, one of the most exhilarating feelings is feeling the car wobble in tiny zig zag movements caused by that effect on the rear tyres.

* lack or too neutered

20. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Whether on the "old" or "new" tyre model, whatever they have done with this car is moving in the right direction. Maybe it's the fin, maybe it's the tyres (who honestly knows), but the car feels as if it has more inertia - it seems to resist yaw and generally resist erratic change of direction more than previous cars. It feels more grounded and like the inertia of the car is dampening overly "pointy" behaviour. It's very easy to drive and has bucket loads of grip under the limit, the inertia of the car seems to govern it's direction slightly more than the tyres - all this makes everthying feel very natural, flowing and linear. It could simply be down to this being a really well engineered car IRL, again I have no idea, all I know is that this car feels really good and realistic to me. I will add this to the list approximately 20 other cars which are the "best car in rF2" in my opinion, but seriously this might take the cake for the car to pick if somone is trying rF2 for the first time. .

pkelly likes this.