Newest UI - screen flicker - VR - Setup listing menu

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by MileSeven, Jan 28, 2022.

1. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

On the latest UI, I'm having flicker/jitter issues in the (car) Setup menu - only when in the setup listing page...

The VR image has a regular frenzy at a repeating frequency of c. 1Hz. Each cycle, the screen jitters (guess - 5-10Hz), stabilises and then repeats. The mouse is quite unresponsive during the high-frequency bit.

If I switch to any of the actual car setup pages (Chassis, Suspension, Powertrain etc.) the entire frenzy/jitter disappears and everything works normally. Switch back to the setup listing screen and it is back.

RTX2080i with a Rift CV1. Headset mirrored to a single 1920x1080 monitor.

Note - the mirrored image does not flicker but you can feel the mouse movement etc. is impacted.

Andy Bonar likes this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I posted this in the UI thread, and this is probably unlikely, but I noticed when first trying the UI that with the setup listing screen visible, I couldn't scroll down the list (track folders) properly - it would skip back to the top about every second. Someone advised to open one of the track folders (just click on one) and it would stop it - and it did. Any chance that also stops what you're getting here? (long shot, I know! Even if the underlying cause is the same, fixing the scroll probably won't help VR)

MileSeven likes this.
  3. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Update. I've noticed that if I move my head around (in VR) in this screen, I get a ghost/background image of the track loading screen (i.e. 3-segment track map with %ge loaded indicator etc.) superimposed on the main rf2 screen. Doesn't happen in any of the setup sub-screens - only the buggy setup listing screen... Coincidence?

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I have the flicker and loss of track on the first page of the setup... but the rest of the setup pages seem unaffected.

5. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

A few of us experienced the same issue in VR last night. Had to remove headset and use monitor.

6. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Yup - which is ok but still laggy in terms of mouse movement, click response etc.

Andy Bonar likes this.
  7. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Ooh - this jumped up a level in annoyance yesterday when I went to try a different vehicle that i was convinced I had a setup saved for somewhere…

By selecting ‘all vehicles’, I have a long, long list of settings folders - and it’s impossible to scroll down the list in VR as the bug resets the view to the top of the list every 1 sec… Hotfix urgently required!

DJCruicky likes this.
  8. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I don't have VR, but think I too have this same problem. For me it's a odd pausing problem that happens every other second.
    What I mean by this, I have control for 1 second where I can click buttons and move list up and down, then I have a second where things stop working, then I have control again for another second, then a second of no control again and so on.

I've recorded a Youtube vid showing problem
    Please turn on English Subs for some comments what is happening.

I think what also happens is, if you were holding down mouse button, but then you release button while the UI was doing it's 1 second pause then it thinks you are still pressing the mouse button afterwards even though you are not. You can see that at the end of the video where I move the mouse around the screen, it's highlighting text as if I have mouse button pressed.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
    MileSeven likes this.