rFactor2 DLC's on Sale Now at Steam?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TrigMan59, Jan 28, 2022.

1. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Registered

I see that Steam has their "Lunar New Years" sale event on with rFactor2 at a whopping 80% off. However, when I click on the DLC's, it doesn't appear that they're on sale as there is no strike through line on the price with a discounted price below it. Am I correct that none of them are on sale? I thought I read something on the Studio397 Facebook page that they were on sale. Does anyone know more about this? Please let me know, thanks.

Mauro likes this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Looks like there are 6 DLC packages available for sale. The icons all have Lunar Sale splashed across them. Prices are not crossed out, as you noted, but I don't keep track of regular prices to know if the price has been lowered, or how much.
    EDIT: Another site with a news story about the Lunar Sale lists rF2 DLC as much lower than normal prices, but they too could not verify exactly how much. Here is a copy of that text:
    * Steam Store does not show percentages, nor logging of prices. It does also not show other than regional pricing. % off is based on personal checks of what was paid for the packs, and what the price is now. However, by all accounts it looks like historical low.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  3. Eric Moinet

Eric Moinet Registered

So far I understand it, the game is 80% off but DLCs are same price as usual.

4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Don’t know what % discount they are but as Davehenrie said there are 6 packs on sale. Prices in screenshot are in AUD.
    A59F57A9-6B58-4FE8-952E-58165A0F6238.png

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

yes, but generally the package price far undercuts any individual price. You will just have to grimace as you save money buying something twice.

Lazza likes this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm a cheap bastard and even I'm considering FPro pack despite already having Nurburgring. It's still the cheaper option by far.

That Ferrari though... that'll have to wait for a suite of GT fixes.

7. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

As noted, the base game is 80% off.
    As far as packs on sale:
    Track Expansion Bundle is 60% off.
    Formula E Pack is 50% off.
    GT3 Pack is 60% off.
    Endurance Upgrade Pack (contains 3 cars that are also in the Endurance Pack) is 50% off.
    Endurance Pack is 60% off.
    Formula Pro Pack is about 50% off.

They've stopped putting individual tracks on sale since the Winter 2019 sale and individual cars have never been on sale.

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Again, don't save money due to principle, doesn't hurt anyone 'Cept yourself. The reason for packages is due to how rF2 handles online joining, the user must have all the same cars and tracks as the server. It is a process that pre-dates DLC and apparently is something S397 looked at changing a couple of years ago but for whatever reason they did not find a reasonable solution.
    So, I was not being disrespectful, I was merely pointing out that yes you are buying something twice. But at less cost than if you just bought individual items. I would imagine 90% or more of all DLC sales occur in the first week they are offered. Packs are the best way for new users to catch up.
    So I will apologize for stating the obvious. Good Racing.

9. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

I wish they would discount individual cars and tracks

graphicaluserinterface and Mauro like this.