Any Formula 1 Mod coming soon?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turbonetick, Jan 30, 2022.

1. Turbonetick

Turbonetick Registered

Greetings racing community , many of us are quite desperate to see a Formula 1 mod coming out , anyone with information feel free to give a reply , quite alarming for rfactor2 users I must say,
    King Regards

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't think I've seen a single mention of an F1 car to bring on Hybrid support. I'd love to be surprised.

I'm not sure how it's alarming though - rF2 didn't support the F1 technology of the time (KERS) when it came out (the only actual F1 car in rF2 - the Marussia - didn't have KERS), and has never introduced hybrid support. It's disappointing, but no more alarming than it ever was.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There are literally a dozen F1 mods, or skinpaks. Just nothing with Hybrid Powerplants. There is always the official Codemaster F1 products if you must have a hybrid.

4. Turbonetick

Turbonetick Registered

I’m talking about recent mod ,2021-2022 ,
    Codemaster is not an option

mixer61 likes this.
  5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

How would you get 2022 cars when NO F1 cars for this year have launched yet?

juanchioooo likes this.
  6. jymp

jymp Registered

As much as I appreciate the several F1 75' mods, (Chiefs latest is very very good) seems there would be a properly done F1 76' mod ?, at least the three main cars from the "Rush" movie, ie: Lauda 76' 312T, Hunt McLaren, Andretti Lotus 77'

Mauro likes this.
  7. Robin Pansar

Robin Pansar Member

If you just want a 2021 mod, Formula Hybrid-21 exists in the Steam Workshop. Good visuals in that model but it's far off from the performance of an F1 car from the 2021 season. The closest public mod (to my knowledge) that you can get for free that's in the ballpark of F1 2021 performance is the GPVWC Superleague mod. A bit shameful promotion since I've worked on that car, but lots of technical information and research has been done for it, and it's still probably lacking a lot if you dig even deeper.

Turbonetick likes this.
  8. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

Not really too up on this stuff but can you use this offline? I found where to download but it is 3 files, just click on the exe? Thanks

9. Nick9320

Nick9320 Registered

10. Turbonetick

Turbonetick Registered

Hi , Indeed the Hybrid 2021 is not up to the challenge and all cars are Mercedes ,
    Thanks for the info on GPVWC , :)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
  11. Turbonetick

Turbonetick Registered

12. Turbonetick

Turbonetick Registered

What is the point of doing mod for rfactor 1 , why isn’t that platform put to rest, It would greatly boost the rf2 community I believe!

13. EmperorOfFinland

EmperorOfFinland Registered

Generally its not even that hard to do a mod for RF2 if youre doing it for RF1 the only thing you have to prettymuch do is to calculate the car with physics calculator to be where it needs to be, generate good tires for the car, now this can be harder if you dont have access to the data itself. and i think its the tires what endsup being the problem itself as you have to guessestimate the tires. ofcourse people could always loan up tires with permission from other mods if they have more accurate data.

Personally i would not mod RF1 anymore to be honest as its pretty simple to just port the stuff from RF1 to RF2 in general.u