Rfactor style tyre

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by J853, Jan 28, 2022.

1. J853

J853 Registered

Hi,
    I'm trying to study how rfactor interprets the tyre file. I wanted to write a program that interpreted the tyre file and could graph slip vs force for a given load, camber etc.

I understand that rfactor 2 uses these types of tyres for the AI, so I thought I'd try hear (I've also tried on an AMS forum)

I cant find exactly how a couple of parameters work. For example I understand that latpeak moves the slip curve peak from the first number at 0 load to the second number at the load stated as the third number. However I can't find exactly how this does it. Does it move every value on the curve by the difference between the peak of the data curve and the latpeak value or does it do some other type of weighted scaling?

2. doddynco

doddynco Registered

3. J853

J853 Registered

Thanks, that looks like it will be a big help. Although the version I downloaded has @cubeslpine function, which throws an error for me.

Edit, I can see this is an openoffice macro that needs looking into

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
  4. redapg

redapg Registered

You should use Libre Office, not Open Office, when you work with S397 Spreadsheets, to avoid unwanted Calculation Results and other Problems.

5. J853

J853 Registered

No worries. Have done that and have it all working now.

Should be able to reverse-engineer it to get an understanding of what is going on.

Thanks for the help!

doddynco likes this.