Released The 2022 UI Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

If "Search" field got the focus first on car or track selection screens, it would much easier to find the items.

2. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

I have a VR jitter issue (reported in normal Technical Support->Bugs) in the Car Setup (Listing subscreen - i.e. where you can browse, load and save setups).

The issue cycles at a frequency of c. 1Hz - screen goes into a little frenzy once a second, roughly and repeats. Mouse is impacted.

Issue is not present in any of the other setup screens (powertrain, tyres, chassis etc.) and is entirely repeatable and reproducible on my machine (running RTX2080Ti, Rift CV1, mirrored at 1920x1080 to a monitor - monitor image does not flicker but you can feel the mouse impact. Windowed mode).

3. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

AH yes - that's what I have (only on the setup listings sub-screen though).

4. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

+1 Same here.

MileSeven likes this.
  5. philman

philman Registered

6. Havner

Havner Registered

This is merely a workaround, but you can achieve that with ModMgr.exe. You have to manage the rfcmp files outside the game, but it allows you install them from different directories.

7. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I've never had side-mirrors work properly in rF2. I've tried the known & recommended fixes (file edits) but, they never seem to point in the correct direction and retain the settings.

8. philman

philman Registered

Sorry, but this new interface is supposed to be able to do a lot of things, so why can't it do what the first interface did very well!

9. Havner

Havner Registered

In the old-old UI you actually did that in a launcher so not directly within the game itself. But I do get your point.

Heh, I find the opposite true. I always increase the resolution of the mirrors (by modding cars). I hate pixelated view :)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    Nieubermesch likes this.
  10. JamesB

JamesB Registered

I personally agree that I like the mirrors to have a high resolution as I use them, but I guess it depends on your usage.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  11. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

Not sure what is it that you've tried but I don't have any problem with any mirror in any vehicle. Be sure to have mapped Adjust seat fore, aft, up and down.

Once in drive, use left ctrl + afore mentioned keys to set left mirror and left alt + those keys to set right mirror. Only "problem" here is that each vehicle has it's own values for left and right position. You can "fix" this by editing all_vehicles.ini for that vehicles. Find the vehicle whose mirror position you've altered, and then look for the lines starting with Mirror. Then just copy paste this lines to all other vehicles that you want to apply this position to. That way every time you enter that car to drive, this positions will be applied.

Only thing I don't remember is if this values are overwritten once that vehicle is updated.

12. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Good tip, wanted to be able to deal with that for ages!

lagg likes this.
  13. lagg

lagg Registered

There are vehicles that doesn't have separated the left and right mirrors and then it's not possible to move them independently.
    A part of this shouldn't be any problem.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  14. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Well, performance ca be quite taxed with what we have now, but it's more than that. There is something about how LODs work on tracks that is simply not there. Other games use this for optimization, rF2 seems to not have any LODs apart from visible at a distance or not to some objects... Then there is night racing...

Havner likes this.
  15. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Really very happy to see a couple of features back ive really been missing amongst all the other improvements! Even though its not in the build notes, the ability to change skill level whilst at the track is back, no more having to reload. Love it, thanks so much! Here's a video of how to do that (if you don't already know!)

RaceNut and Diego Barjollo like this.
  16. Havner

Havner Registered

Yeah. Night in rFactor 2 is outrageous in terms of performance...

Nieubermesch likes this.
  17. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

This new UI is well done. I am very impressed

atomed and Elcid43 like this.
  18. Stratoliner

Stratoliner Registered

Which cars have "push to pass"?

19. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

I look the look of the new UI very much, and the background audio is appropriately atmospheric. Consolidating various related settings into fewer pages is very welcome. The new showroom looks nice.
    Overall, this seems like a solid base to build upon. Thanks for your hard work, S397.

20. Magus

Magus Registered

UI is nice but still only getting 40-50% GPU usage out of my RTX3090 in VR with stutters everywhere :( , seems worse than before.

EDIT: I take this comment back regarding performance being worse off.

I installed latest drivers using NVSlimmer, in display options choosing FULL screen at my monitors default resolution & refresh rate PLUS choosing the 1st GPU listed (from drop down - I have listed: Auto - 3090 - 3090 - MS Basic Render Driver).

Did a race with the BMW M4 at Nürburgring with 19AI (day/clear) and was holding steady with very little frametime spikes, so much so that you could focus/enjoy the race and forget there ever was an issue.

Will do more testing BUT this track and car combo was a big no-no for me in the past. GPU usage was relatively stable at 60%.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
    pkelly likes this.