Released The 2022 UI Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Ricknau said:
    A lot to like. But please give us back the Swingman camera.

OK, I found it but it's unlabeled. You have to click the "Driving" button 4 times to cycle to it.

2. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Sounds odd to me that you're clicking stuff multiple times, on the assign control settings page, I click on the little camera icon and change as desired here. On track I press PG_UP to go to swingman view

upload_2022-1-28_15-56-59.png

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You should really be a little more clear in your posts... so you meant at the monitor/replay screen, not when driving (that's how others have taken it). I agree from the controls point of view it seems strange to put it in the Driving group (when normally the driving views are cycled with the Driving cameras control, while Swingman is separate) but I also found the separate text for the cameras previously a bit messy.

You can of course just use the keys to select the cameras like when you're driving.

Havner likes this.
  4. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

As far as I understand, I'm the only one who has a problem with 1440p? The interface remains in 1080p.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I just learned this recently, if you are using rF2 in window'd mode. The resolution of the rf2 window will match what your windows desktop resolution is.

R.Noctua likes this.
  6. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Thank you so much for the information!

7. philman

philman Registered

Big work on this new UI. It is much easier to use, looks much better and is more efficient.
    My wishes for the next developments:
    - to be able to choose the location of the "package" folder anywhere on a hard disk (like on the first UI).
    - to be able to do a second installation of RF2.

Hazi likes this.
  8. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

philrob and atomed like this.
  9. lagg

lagg Registered

Hi, i'd like to post a bug.
    The labels of the control assignments of the plugins don't show the correct descriptions.
    In the UI appears Custom Pluging #1, Custom Pluging #2, Custom Pluging #3, etc.
    The correct description appears on the popup after clicking on the label.
    It's tedious because you have to try one by one until you find the correct.

Note: This bug was present in the previous UI.

10. Anto870

Anto870 Registered

Good Work

11. DimmG

DimmG Registered

Nice UI but I have the wizard at the every start. I finished it once but it appears again and again.
    How can I fix it?

start_bug.jpg

AlexHeuskat and haunetal1990 like this.
  12. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

The new UI is brilliant, well done to all involved!
    :)

My only slight issue is that the background is a bit blocky.
    (I'm running ultrawide 49" 1440p in windowed mode, for SimHub overlays).

I saw a comment from above from @davehenrie that "...The resolution of the rf2 window will match what your windows desktop resolution is...", but as far as I am aware, I set the resolution once in windows, and check same resolution in rF2 Graphic Options pop-up, and that should be it.

Any reason why its blocky?

TIA

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    memoNo1 likes this.
  13. jual

jual Registered

Has the neu UI something changed with the Radical RXC turbo GT3, eg. gear ratio ?

14. Yoann Kerjean

Yoann Kerjean Registered

I love the update for the moment.

One little problem I found, double clicking to increase a value will trigger the click sound only once. It made me double check if the value actually increased by two.

Next thing I wana say isn't a bug, but some features wishes:
    - being able to create custom graphics presets, naming them, saving them etc...
    - being able to create subfolders in setups folder window so I can pack my old setups by year.

r00b Driver likes this.
  15. Daniel Espada

Daniel Espada Registered

Yeah this is the path to the glory, major improvements with this new step but we also have some flaws remaining like

1.the "mod and dlc check" in the "launching game stage" eternity times......i think s397 knows about it and
    2.some really bad "all track-cars series "loading times ... (I hope they focus on solving that soon, its a bit killing of the initial joy...)
    3. Excess of payware and news promotion, social links in the menu, one part for the twitch other for the discord? what?...we are there to race, its nice to have those links but not in that big way....they should use some smaller links and not create a section so big for that in my humble opinion.

Very thankful for this new UI but We can watch it here that we hope some improvements will come more soon than later (in spanish, sorry,, but believe me u would not want to hear me speaking in english :p):

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    PatientRF2fan likes this.
  16. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

The setup problem (gear ratio can only be changed in one direction) is a bit strange. In the Ferrari GTE I can change the gears down but not up (arrow is grayed out) in the Aston Martin I can only increase them but not decrease them....haven't tried other vehicles but seems to be a problem.

17. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

The ability to change AI strength and then just restart the weekend is back. Also loading times seem to be improved as well, even for a first time load for track and car combo. Both very welcome improvements.

memoNo1 and R.Noctua like this.
  18. Oldgamergazza

Oldgamergazza Registered

Just in Rf2, love the new ui, great job:)

19. Oldgamergazza

Oldgamergazza Registered

Only thing I struggle with is that it's not often possible to see which cars or class is in the multilayer lobbies to choose a race, it always seems very strange

20. zaphman

zaphman Registered

This is the way to go. The "flow" is correct.
    Next is to think how can it make it easier to grasp all options? I would like to see context aware tooltips/help to the right where "static" text goes now (with suggestions/best practices), to explain what an option do.
    Number two, ease the filtering of tracks/cars by providing tags/icons for "author" of mod. Also a notion/filtering of installed date, to easily locate newly added content.

tiffarno likes this.