My first try of the competition system

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bernat, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Disastrous. I've participated in the FT60 at Zandvoort at 18:00h. In the first lap, user Travis spins off and crashes. Second lap and user Travis is waiting for other drivers to crash on to us and send us to the pit. This is not racing, that's demolition derby. I don't who will win, not me, though, I'm out of this bullshit.

It's a pity that it's like this. There's a lot of good drivers in rF2, but not this time. I don't think this kind of experience will attract more drivers.

2. atomed

atomed Member

Good job Travis, go get your medal.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Travis isn't everywhere, and the game can't automatically detect Travises and stop them joining.

What you had here is a fairly common occurrence in public online racing, in any game. The reason many of us joined leagues in rF1 wasn't a lack of available open servers - it was to avoid Travises.

The good news is, the more you race the less common these events become - and the good races are what you keep coming back for.

This really isn't a CS / rF2 thing.

GertjanD and DJCruicky like this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

AND...part of that will be limited IF THEY EVER GET THE FREAKIN' RATINGS AND PENALTY system working. This would allow you join a session with only drivers that meet XX % on the penalty scale, thereby, hopefully, skipping good 'ol Travis.(good friend of mine btw)

Havner, Binny, avenger82 and 3 others like this.
  5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Thanks for sharing, I attempted two times to join races in competition system, both times unsuccessful. If I could get at the same server with Travis, I would consider it great success.

6. The_Bad_Fasterd

The_Bad_Fasterd Registered

I just got driven off track twice, on lap 1 at Suzuka after qualifying 5th in a Low Fuel Motorsport race. (ACC)

They have a really elaborate rating system with safety ratings and ELO, stewards and a report system.

This stuff unfortunately happens everywhere.

GertjanD likes this.
  7. Bernat

Bernat Registered

It's not like we were 50 drivers and one bad apple, we were just 6. I know it happens everywhere, it's just decieving that this kind of people has come to rF2 and decides to bomb races where there's only 5 people trying to do a race. They were better playing at ACC and others.

I can't commit to leagues. I'll keep racing offline, I don't want to waste my time in failed races.

More than a rant, I just wanted to point out how Travis and others like him can render the CS useless.

8. lagg

lagg Registered

And Travis won. He achieved what he wanted.

Binny likes this.
  9. Binny

Binny Guest

I would like to see part of this system include races where ppl if found guilty of this through a report system banned for a certain time period, all losses of ratings/penalties given back to all competitors in that race. As we all should know when you 1st start competing at a lower level in the CS their will be a TRAVIS.

10. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Lol Travis must have ringing ears...

Binny likes this.
  11. Binny

Binny Guest

Yeah where the **** is Travis ?

Havner, lagg, GertjanD and 2 others like this.