Virtual le mans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ThomasJohansen, Jan 15, 2022.

1. lagg

lagg Registered

Both behaviours on the limit are not realistic.
    The good thing is that not all the cars in rF2 and iR have that behaviour on the limit.
    I think it's more a problem related with how every tyre is made, instead of being related with the tyre model.

2. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

This opinion seems to me rather exaggerated.

However, don't tell me that improving the physics of rF2 shouldn't be the priority.

More and more people realize that the physics of rF2 hardly impresses anyone in 2022.

avenger82 likes this.
  3. RDG

RDG Registered

It doesn't help that most people think FFB = physics. FFB is fed by the physics, but is its own thing. rF2's FFB is great, however the physics could be improved.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Inb4 the rush...

Your statement is true to varying degrees between games. rF2 has very little in FFB that isn't a direct result of the physics.

But, and this is perhaps what you really mean, the FFB as a result of all physics doesn't reflect the accuracy of all that physics. So, say, if a car allows too much yaw angle while still holding on, the FFB resulting from the physics is still based on what's happening 'physically' and feels great, but the physics of the car behaviour itself is a bit off.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  5. atomed

atomed Member

When you guys say physics you mean overall simulator physics model of certain car´s limits?

6. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Personally I'm talking about improving the entire rFactor 2 physics engine, in as many areas as possible and in areas that S397 objectively deems necessary to increase the realism of the simulation, but very important point : update and standardize the all cars made by S397 (about 55, OFFICIAL CARS = normal to keep up to date..............) and of course all future S397 cars benefit from these contributions.

Also, I want S397 to strengthen these links with real drivers, teams, engineers and manufacturers when creating their cars, making sure that the data used is as complete as possible and the best used.

It is not up to me to determine which are the most priority, problematic or missing areas : I hope that S397 invests a lot on this subject and make good decision.

(So I consider that although the improvement of the physics engine and the underlying updates should take priority over everything else, I am in no way saying that other areas are not very important and should be part of the priorities).

7. Filip

Filip Registered

It has to be related to a vehicle model and not a general trait of the physics engine.
    You can't slide Renault Megane like GT3 cars.
    But people are identifying rf2 with GT3 cars which are only the fraction of what this sim offers.

lagg likes this.
  8. lagg

lagg Registered

It seems that nowadays only exist GT3

Filip likes this.