Camera stabilization High do not work or need extra option

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by magicfr, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, so I think the answer to my question is that VR doesn't need lock to horizon, it just needs a better version of what it has now.

The rest is already understood.

I think people have assumed that the only better option is a full horizon lock, not realising the 'stabilise horizon' has room to be stronger and work better for them. Hopefully we see some improvement here.

2. magicfr

magicfr Registered

I loved a better version for VR, like I am doing in RHM, but this can take time to do.
    So I'd love a quick Lock To horizon feature, 1h to code, 2h to test. done. So I can actually use the game I paid.
    Then, if they want to do something better, I am all for it.

3. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

there was a trick, use the headtilt plugin by Lazza with the bonnet cam...adjust cam...no more shaking...

4. magicfr

magicfr Registered

plugin that use camera control doesn't work in VR otherwise I could just use my RHM plugin

5. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Lost faith.
    Such a simple thing to implement, and they don't.
    Uninstalled rFactor2.
    Now with the news iRacing hired 1 of the physics/ffb guys from rFactor2, I just hope iRacing will improve their FFB like rF2.
    RIP RF2 for me.

6. PatientRF2fan

PatientRF2fan Registered

Does anyone enjoy Sebring with a stiff car? Regardless of VR?
    Dont lose your serial number for Iracing dude.

7. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I just got my Reverb G2, I play at 90 hz constant without reprojection (full supersampling) :

I tested the 2020 bentley on Sebring yesterday, headphysics deactivated (2 UI sliders on off or 0%).

But I don't use the lock horizon function. It was pleasant.
    Thats a personnal thing. I don't like lock horizon.

My eyes adapt themselves according to chassis movement, no need to this functionality for me.

Hazi likes this.
  8. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

But would be great for people like magicfr that S397 make a 100% lock horizon function.

9. magicfr

magicfr Registered

adam jay likes this.
  10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If the sparks are any indication it seems there aren't many devs using VR.

On the other hand, the RC didn't have any change so it was never going to appear in the update.

I'm sure the knowledge to do it isn't lacking, so it's probably just not on their radar at all. I don't think I've seen a single statement on the stabilisation settings since it was implemented.

11. Woodee

Woodee Registered

12. magicfr

magicfr Registered

I uninstalled rf2, it's useless they will never fix it.
    ALL other sims are doing correctly except rF2... a shame.
    Bye.

13. coasting&cruising

coasting&cruising Registered

This issue came up today in one of Gamer Muscle twitch streams (he was trying to join rF2 on LFM). He has giant triples and it seems in this case there is the same problem as in VR (because the image you see is taking a large percentage of your FOV), he's getting dizziness so basically can't play rF2 on such a large setup.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1623049973
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1623815088

14. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Cool, if a "famous" steamer complain about it, maybe devs will do something

rinalduzzi and coasting&cruising like this.
  15. coasting&cruising

coasting&cruising Registered

During the stream, he said he was actually trying your plugin (Real Head Motion), and another streamer (hanna-something), which has developed something similar/a modification of it for AC, offered to also do it for rF2.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's not really very useful, because for screens those solutions already exist (RHM, and I also did a simple plugin which is purely for keeping the camera relatively 'still', probably equivalent to a 4 or 5 in comparison to the levels 1,2,3 of the game option). No one can make one for VR, because the camera controls aren't available in that case.

The lack of more in-built options here is, still, bewildering.

rinalduzzi likes this.
  17. Goob

Goob Registered

+100 to this.
    Every 3 months I try rF2 which I would so so love to shred A to Z having almost all paid content too. But cannot because horizon lock is too weak - nausea in 5 minutes.
    So I took my 5 minutes today, still unfortunately unplayable (+ I got something new: dropped frames (black frame) in left eye)...
    ... see you in 2023 but I am afraid I will ditch rF2 for good unless I decide to go back to triples, which I do not expect at all.

18. Mark Topshøj

Mark Topshøj Registered

This really needs to be fixed...#Studio-397, please prioritize this, as it renders your awesome game useless to a lot of simmers who only want to game in VR.
    I´ve played VR since 2016 and haven´t had any nausea issues with other sims, as long as Lock to horizon is on.
    However in RFactor 2, I can´t play more than a couple of minutes, then I feel sick for hours.....great way to loose weight though, as I loose my appetite because of nausea.
    Jokes aside, I´ve tried disabling all headmovement setting etc....still doesn't work as the horizon jumps around and make me sick.

rinalduzzi and coasting&cruising like this.
  19. SuperMelon

SuperMelon Registered

and this is the reason why I'm not racing in RF2. Unfortunately, I've paid long ago, my guess is that developers don't care about fixes for existing users. I don't know - there's a lot of content to buy - I until VR is fixed, I will not buy anything else for RF2.

rinalduzzi likes this.
  20. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

It's very subjective.

I don't use head physics or horizon stabilization, and it's perfect for me (90 hz without reprojection, 21 Mp so more than 10 Mp per eye).

I find it natural that the chassis moves, my eyes adapt in real time, it's not the software that adapts things for me, and that suits me perfectly.

I don't know what percentage of VR users would like a higher horizon stabilization, but I believe that percentage is low.