[WIP] Elaintarharata - Eltsu

Discussion in 'Locations' started by sergioloro, May 30, 2014.

1. Corti

Corti Registered

maybe IsR.....:rolleyes:

svictor and atomed like this.
  2. philrob

philrob Registered

yes perhaps ISR, i have been making further updates to it last week.So far i have:
    localized Wet weather file
    replaced/modified TDF
    most textures PBR and BC type
    SCN GDB updated
    shadows added and adjusted
    adding light hulls
    cbash and rrshd added (aid loading)

3. EmperorOfFinland

EmperorOfFinland Registered

You need the AC conversion of the mod? i have actually done that earlier with the reuvmapping of the track for the physical mesh and using it as the roadsurface, the track is otherwise done but it misses the AIW file and animations on the marshalls and so on and fixing of the gaps on the physical mesh on the track as it does not line up similarly as the visual mesh does.

so you could try to integrate the AC versions objects into the existing track? as i think it would be beneficial to try to merge the two versions together to create the ultimate eltsu

4. EmperorOfFinland

Okay i figured out the meshsurface merging for the track finally. so this means i will do the mesh merging over the course of this and next week and then take the surface to 3dsimed3 and export the merged roadsurface back to the game and we should have a working surface after that.

So stay tuned

pkelly, Mauro, Corti and 1 other person like this.
  5. EmperorOfFinland

Okay i have figured out the track. And i have worked with philrob to make it ready, i tweaked the ai today and checked some shaders. the main thing really is that the ai is prone to mass pileups due to the narrow nature of the track if you take anything bigger than F3 car from the 1960s if AI makes a mistake.

Eltsu_F3CT Track Picture 7.png

Eltsu_F3CT Track Picture 1.png

Eltsu_F3CT Track Picture 2.png

Eltsu_F3CT Track Picture 3.png

Eltsu_F3CT Track Picture 4.png

Eltsu_F3CT Track Picture 5.png

Eltsu_F3CT Track Picture 6.png

I did ask permission to release it from sergio loro couple months ago so i should be able to put it into the workshop as is as its the easiest way of doing it for me.

Now it does lack most of the PBR/IBL shaders, now i could add them in but that would take some extra time as i have not added thouse materials to trackobjects that much. But if you want i can do thouse for the other objects than the track itself as tracksurface has IBL/PRB shader on it.

Corti, atomed, Superdevil and 6 others like this.
  6. EmperorOfFinland

I could release the track but im unsure about the optimisation of the track interms of shadows and stuff like that, its not my expertise to be working on that. So i would need atleast a check up on the optimisation of the track to see that its working as intended.

So it meets the sergio loro quality that we are accustomed to. i have to test it with VR to see does it drop fps when driving on it. the performance is similar as with the studio 397 nords. but im not sure how i can cut it down a bit.

Corti likes this.
  7. EmperorOfFinland

Okay i spent time checking the VR performance, it its good enough that it hits 90fps at all times on my graphics settings. Even at rain so that means i can release it out to the wild.

I will package it up and release it to the steam workshop.

pkelly, jimagn, lagg and 1 other person like this.
  8. EmperorOfFinland

okay its released

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2724996181

Eltsu_F3CT Preview Picture.png

F3 Classics Track by Sergio Loro, Converted by EmperorOfFinland and Philrob

Eläintarhan ajot (Suomen Grand Prix in Finnish, Djurgårdsloppet in Swedish, Eltsun ajot in slang) or Suomen Suurajot (Finnish Grand Race) as it was called in 1932 was a motor racing competition arranged between years 1932 and 1963 in Eläintarha, Helsinki, Finland. The idea for the race came from a racing driver, S. P. J. Keinänen. Its racing history included the pre-war Finnish Grand Prix.
    The Eläintarha race was an annual happening in Helsinki for almost 30 years until the final race was held in 1963. The winner of this last race was Timo Mäkinen, although the main start (Formula Junior) was canceled after a fatal accident. At the start a driver (whose identity has not been confirmed) hit Curt Lincoln's Brabham BT6 (Formula Junior), and the car slid to the left side of track. Most drivers managed to avoid a collision but the Swedish Örjan Atterberg hit his countryman Freddy Kottulinsky. Unfortunately Atterberg's car flipped over and the driver was pinned under his vehicle. As a result of the crash Atterberg sustained fatal injuries. The race was stopped by the race officials one minute after crash and the jury told the race was over.
    As the setup was considered too dangerous this was the final race to be conducted on the city circuit. The racing events that followed the ill-fated Eläintarha race were held at Keimola Motor Stadium between 1966–1978.

The mod contains the track that i and philrob have been working for a while as a conversion as the other track was quite old and was missing the additions that sergio had added to AC version.

Modmakers:
    Sergio Loro = Original track and models for Assetto Corsa
    Emperoroffinland = Creating and guiding the packaging of the mod and maintenance of the mod. And conversion from AC to RF2
    Philrob = General help and texturework and optimisation around the track

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  9. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

A big THANK YOU! To all involved with updating this track, very nice! Lots of fun with the Vintage Formula Vee's. Thank you.

10. EmperorOfFinland

I have noted that the ai has difficulties to enter the pitbox for some reason, i will put some research into why it keeps doing that. i will update the AIW at the same time. ie the ai pits normally to pitbox but then fails to pit properly into the box itself.

I will try to figure out why it keeps doing that today.

Johnny Speed and Corti like this.
  11. EmperorOfFinland

Okay im kinda stuck on the track as i have no idea on why the AIW file keeps not pitting the cars, they will go to the pitlane but they wont go to the pitbox to pit for some reason they will just keep fixed to the pitlane and go out of the pitlane.

Now you can manually pit yourself and it works, its just the AI that does not pit correctly.

12. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Try to reset special waypoints (Unsupported => Reset Special Waypoint), save, reload the track and save again. Also, make sure that you have done fuel calculations (in same unsupported menu) with skip barber.

Mauro likes this.
  13. EmperorOfFinland

Oh thats interesting let me try that one out if not i will simply remake the AIW file in question, i think its confused as the small strip of concrete is the pitlane and the racingline side is at the edge of the road

14. EmperorOfFinland

Okay it got fixed.

''
    I have attached the new AIW.
    You normally only have to add and smooth the FASTEST, LEFT, RIGHT... Pathes, the Value for the Fuel Usage and
    recheck the 2 AUX Spots.
    Everything else should be OK.

You did ask:
    i can generate the fast lines and stuff like that for the track again as its quite small track but what if the line is too close to the edge of pits? does it mean they overlap again?

No, to drive these Lines/Pathes, does not affect that.

The Problem is the Corridors, that you see, when you go to "show/hide menu"->"Show Corridors", in the AIW Editor Menu.
    On such a Track, where no Pitwall is between the Track and the Pit Lane, you get overlapping Corridors, when you do the
    "Find Corridors" in the AIW Editor, that generates these Corridors.
    And when they overlap between the XPitIn and XPitOut Objects, the AI, even if they are on the Pitlane or in the Garage, don't know
    that they are there and you, for Example, immediately get a red Flag, for leaving the Pits under red.

In such Cases, i temporarily add a Wall Mesh, that separates these Areas from each other and do "Find Corridors" again.
    That solves that Problem.
    I have attached the Wall Mesh that i did use on this Track, that you can see what i mean.

What you also should do, is to check, if the AI properly enters and leaves the Pitlane, because there is not much Space
    between their Line and the Pit Spots. ''

I restored the AIW from @redapg and managed to get ai to pit and i remade the aiw fast lines, left and right, and blocking line and gave the map a fuelusage on itself.

So 2.01 is released

''2.01 Version fixes the ai being unable to pit and makes the white boards with blue arrows or numbers on them to be moveable and collideable so they can be collided with and made moveable objects.''

15. Woodee

Woodee Registered

16. EmperorOfFinland

the main issue with this is that im almost completely incompetent when it comes on editing 3dmesh myself. and i have no idea on how to use lidar to improve the track either.