Released New Release Candidate Update - Client 7969457

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Havner

Havner Registered

Ok, I won't anymore ;)
    I just know it was a baseless PR talk, but you're right. They promised, so I'm waiting for those major changelogs :cool:

Dady Cairo and Nieubermesch like this.
  2. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Not talking about you man. You are on the other camp, you just dont't believe it but know they hinted for a bigger update. Some other people seem to, and not the first time, to try to temper expectations as if they already know they are "PR" talk and are trying to "cushion" S397 LOL.

Havner likes this.
  3. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

JULY 2017
    rf2 new UI j2017.jpg
    https://www.studio-397.com/2017/01/roadmap-update-january-2017/
    https://www.studio-397.com/2017/02/roadmap-update-february-2017/
    https://www.studio-397.com/2017/03/roadmap-update-march-2017/
    https://www.studio-397.com/2017/07/roadmap-update-july-2017/
    Just to say that in July 2017 and before (first announce in January 2017), they have said that the new UI was ready, and will have advanced features.
    The reality, in January 2022 (4 years later) it has less features than the old UI and no new major feature was added.
    So when they announce an announcement for "january 2022" for a roadmap for the 2022 year, don't hold your breath....Don't expect any major changement before 4 years.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    dylbie, Adam Helyes, McFlex and 8 others like this.
  4. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Hate to say it, but it's cringe now! Dont' go do that anymore man, you'll find it overwhelmingly the majority of their communication with users!

5. green serpent

green serpent Registered

People always mention the AI throttle/brake on/off issue, but what I find just as frustrating is the absurd amount of front steering angle the AI use around certain corners.
    Not only does it look wrong and break immersion, but I think it's part of the reason why certain cars spinout on the same corners lap after lap.
    Perhaps the AI can't really anticipate the flow of a corner and can't use weight transfer in advance to set them up for a rotation at the apex. They need to drive "meter by meter", and thus need to rely mostly on steering to turn the car.
    Whatever the reason, I hope it gets sorted one of these days!

GertjanD likes this.
  6. Pales

Pales Registered

Yeah, this is a huge eye opener and one I have regularly referenced. We're still waiting for bugs to be fixed that they caused in 2017-2018 as well.

7. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

One day my friend, one day!

8. pig

pig Registered

I wonder can studio 397 open up some of the source to open source so community members can help?

Kahel, B. Gant and Nieubermesch like this.
  9. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

One day my friend, one day :D

pig likes this.
  10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That would require a lot of careful control to avoid a lot of inadvertent bugs being introduced (yes! Even more!), and such a focused list in their own hands would already help a lot.

mesfigas likes this.
  11. guenther

guenther Registered

marrs told me that an open sourcing will not happen.

12. vava74

vava74 Registered

Open sourcing will happen if the Virtual 24h Lemans goes belly up...
    That, or we could crowd fund buying S397 from MSG if they go bust if Virtual 24H Lemans goes as bad as the Virtual LM Series race at Nords24...
    It's not out of the real of probability that NASCAR might be wanting to terminate their contract with MSG on account of the mess that Nascar 21 Ignition was.
    If the Virtual 24H Lemans goes wrong, the ACO might consider also to terminate the contract as it could reflect negatively on their brand.

I am not saying that it will go belly up. I believe that S397 now has more and better man power working for them on that department. But... I am fearful.

13. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

I'm hopeful based on the chats on Discord.

But, also very skeptical, and, quite frankly, I will not be buying any new cars/tracks unless existing issues start getting fixed (take your pick on the existing issues).

I understand buying tracks etc puts money into the studio, which is why I've bought pretty much all the DLC in the past, even things I'm not likely to use, in the hope that it helps the studio and things get fixed.

But I'm not going to do that anymore.

14. lagg

lagg Registered

They are not going to open the code.
    This is not going to happen.
    MSG bought S397 and the source is useful for them.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    Emery, nolive721, r00b Driver and 2 others like this.
  15. Anto870

Anto870 Registered

In my opinion, when there was only ISI, rF2 had much more potential than it does now.
    S397 has done very little to correct the problems it has created in all these years since it joined, it has focused much more on creating DLC (the majority not free, only cash) with no big news for this sim. They had also promised an automatic racing system similar (again, similar) to iR, seeing what there is now is ... creepy

ApexModding and Nieubermesch like this.
  16. vava74

vava74 Registered

That's an exaggeration, but no doubt that there is still a major step forward needed.
    But, S397 brought DX11 and VR, which are, immediately, two significant upgrades.
    Brought as well the contents needed to keep the game relevant.
    Sure, development in some areas has been uneven and sometimes occasionally going in the wrong direction, but it's still, in my book, by far the best driving experience.
    And, although people continuously harp about physics, the reality is that the only relevant issue - if we look at the competition - are the tyres which are being discontinued, having too much grip and the fact that there is not track temperature -- tyre temperature/pressure/grip/degradation.
    But frankly, whilst other sims may have that, they don't have hardly any "TYRE FEEL", making those working variables just STERILE exercises from a driving/driver's perspective.

Bottom line is that, if the stability bugs and UI inadequacies were tackled, which is what makes the user experience a mess, no one would be complaining at this level.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  17. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

I enjoy RF2 in some specific car/track combo and yes tire feel is there even more so tuning appropriately

But suggesting that no other Sims have that asset is a bit crossing the line to me
    Both Automobilista versions, ACC, AC with extended physics and yes even PC2 with custom FFB are proving this statement wrong in my views

For me, if s397 could improve the MP experience and get the UI as sleek as AMS2 then it would become my fav Sim

18. Yoann Kerjean

Yoann Kerjean Registered

I have to admit that I didn't expect 20 pages on this thread, WTF :eek:

19. vava74

vava74 Registered

It's my personal opinion, after testing - repeatedly and, continuously, from time to time - all other sims.
    AMS1 is the only that comes close in my view. All others fall in a spectrum which varies between "very far away" and "still quite short".
    As a quick example:
    Someone - a recent rF2 player - told me that he enjoyed a lot driving the Stockcar V8 Brazil cars on AMS2, so I sent him a link to a bootleg mod/conversion for rF2 of the equivalent cars taken from the StockCar Extreme game and he acknowledged that rF2's felt better.
    He did say that he would continue to use AMS2, due to the easiness to boot and race, etc, but that is telling, in my opinion, that a bootleg mod beats official contents from AMS2 feeling wise. I do acknowledge that AMS2 is greatly improved since version 1.3, but right now, aside from graphics and sound, it can't even beat AMS1, much less rF2.

20. Anto870

Anto870 Registered

No, this is not an exaggeration. Since they acquired rF2, they have thought almost exclusively to add new cars and tracks (for cash), almost always for a fee while ISI always released them for free (ALWAYS) and they were of perfect quality, both aesthetically and physically. The goal was to make cash and they succeeded ... and after years these are the results. And if a person does not want to see this fact only for the sop of the car or the extra track that they have done to him, sacrificing everything else (because a lot has been sacrificed), then it is his problem. I use rF2 from the very first builds, when rF is the best sim in the portals and AC (absurd crap) was being born, so I know very well what I'm talking about, I tell you calmly that it was better when there were ISI.

dylbie, Slow Motion, Mauro and 2 others like this.