Issues with getting specific tracks to work in Dev Mode

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by delphinho, Jan 8, 2022.

1. delphinho

delphinho Registered

Hi everybody,

For the last couple of days, I tried to get Nürburgring Sprint and Daytona 24h (1TT_FloridaSS) running in the dev mode, but I already end up in a crash to desktop when loading the track. When I check the trace file, I have in both cases the following error:
    27.70s ELSLog.cpp 182: Err: Failed
    27.70s main.cpp 322: onFatalError 11

Did anyone ever get these two tracks running in dev mode? I had no problems getting tracks like Spa, LeMans, Indinapolis etc. working, but these two tracks, I really don't know what else I can try.

Thank you already for your feedback,

kind regards from Germany :)

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@delphinho very often these threads are because of people trying to do things the easy way, but I'm happy to see in this case you appear to have done all the normal things correctly. I get the same error with Nurburgring_Sprint.

By putting an invalid object in the SCN I can see this entry is where it fails:

Code:
    Instance=TyreStacks_Collider_GP
    {
      Render=False
      MeshFile=TyreStacks_Collider_GP.009.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False
      MeshFile=TyreStacks_Collider_GP.008.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False
      MeshFile=TyreStacks_Collider_GP.007.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False
      MeshFile=TyreStacks_Collider_GP.006.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False
      MeshFile=TyreStacks_Collider_GP.005.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False
      MeshFile=TyreStacks_Collider_GP.004.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False
      MeshFile=TyreStacks_Collider_GP.003.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False
      MeshFile=TyreStacks_Collider_GP.002.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False
      MeshFile=TyreStacks_Collider_GP.001.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False
    }

I saw there is a TyreStacks_Collider_GP.008.gmt in the track's folder, renaming that didn't make any difference. Putting an invalid mesh file within the above instance produces an error, so it shouldn't be a missing GMT. (which wouldn't make much sense anyway, as it then wouldn't work on the game itself)

That's about where my problem solving skills end on this. Removing (commenting out) that instance and the following one allowed loading to continue a fair bit further, maybe following the same process will eventually allow the track to load fully though obviously with some missing items (perhaps mainly 'just' invisible collision ones, but that could affect things like AIW workflow).

*I'll update myself almost immediately: appears to be something about those local (layout-specific) files referenced in the .scn. Commenting the 2 collider gmt files allows loading to proceed further, and I imagine it then crashes when it gets to one of the other gmt files present in the Sprint folder. So I would say try commenting out the lines referencing all those gmt files first.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
    delphinho likes this.
  3. redapg

redapg Registered

@delphinho I think i can help in this Case, when you talk abouth the S397 Nürburgring Sprint Layout.
    When i created the Instant Timing Mod for the Nordschleife, i noticed the same Problem.
    The "funny" Thing is, that it is caused by the gmt, that are in the Layout Folders.
    So as @Lazza has said already, in Case of the Sprint Layout, you only have to deactivate (with //), the Entries/Instances of these gmt in the SCN File:
    ARMCOSGP_27_POSTS_SWITCH.GMT
    ARMCOSGP_27_SWITCH.GMT
    ARMCOSGP_27_SWITCH_COLLIDER.GMT
    TYRECANVAS_GP_010.GMT
    TYRESTACKS_COLLIDER_GP.008.GMT
    With that Changes, the Layout loads properly then.

delphinho likes this.
  4. delphinho

delphinho Registered

Hi @Lazza,
    Hi @redapg,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will that out later today. I will also try a similar approach for the Daytona Mod and let you know, if I got it working. Didn't know that I can simply deactivate GMT entries eithinnthe SCN file.

That's definitely a great advice :).

5. delphinho

delphinho Registered

So awesome, I got both tracks running with commenting out all GMT files which are placed in the layout out folder. Thank you so much :)

haunetal1990 and redapg like this.
  6. delphinho

delphinho Registered

Hi @Lazza, hi @redapg ,

I just found out, that you only need to pack the single GMT files into an additional MAS and make an additional entry in the SCN file. So for example, I put them in a .MAS FIle callled "AdditionalAssets.mas" and then added "MASFile=AdditionalAssets.mas" to the SCN files. I thought you might be interested in this :)

Kind regards,
    Steffen

7. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Why so complicated? Just copy all the mas-files into one folder. For example: Copy all mas-files from a 1.13 folder to 1.12 folder. Then deleted the 1.13 folder and now easily open the track in devmode. No need for fiddling with scn-file etc.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'd have to test again to check, but previously when I did it this way some functionality was disabled - such as trackside cams. Depending what you're putting the track into devmode for, this is important. The 'normal' method gives full functionality, but causes problems with certain tracks as above.

9. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

ok, for AIW editing the method shown above works. For camera editing extract the cam-file to the main folder

Screenshot 2022-12-16 143121.png

10. redapg

redapg Registered

You can go different Ways.
    I always use only loose Files in DevMode, except for DLC Tracks, where i only use loose Files for the Layouts and link only the encrypted mas Files in the scn.