Mirrors (No need for any more adjustment).

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Highlandwalker, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I have found a setting in the player json file so that I never have to adjust the mirrors for any car. This setting works for me, I've been using it for over a year, I think I have only found one car it didn't work for and it was the vertical setting was slightly out but still usable. The only downside is you can't manually adjust the mirrors any more. Give it a try it may work for you.
    The setting is in the GRAPHIC OPTIONS section of the player.json file
    Set it to 0 (can't remember the default setting).
    "Moving Rearview":0,
    "Moving Rearview#":"Whether mirrors respond to head movement in cockpit (0=none, 1=position-only, 2=FOV-only, 3=both) - add 4 if you want to IGNORE head-tracking movement",

2. Leonardo1962

Leonardo1962 Registered

default setting for me was:
    "Moving Rearview":3,
    "Moving Rearview#":"Whether mirrors respond to head movement in cockpit (0=none, 1=position-only, 2=FOV-only, 3=both) - add 4 if you want to IGNORE head-tracking movement",'

3. shovas

shovas Registered

I already had this set to zero and to this day I still hop in cars and find the mirrors all at wacky angles. How is this still an issue in 2023?

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

head movement 'may' mean shaking or turning in the cockpit. Not how your mirror is aligned when you enter the cockpit. I have found most issues I had were caused by having my driver's camera too close to the dash. One of the worst was the Oreca 07 LMP2. I just could not get that adjusted until I moved the seat back.
    @redapg has a great tool on his site that will clone mirror settings for similar cars once you have driven one. If you drive, for example the Oreca & then you adjust the mirror to your liking, you can then visit his !marvelous! site and change all the similar cars to your new settings.
    http://meetme.bplaced.net/rF2_onlineTools/rF2GGeninfo/allvehsini.php

redapg likes this.
  5. shovas

shovas Registered

So, I know the Mirror Adjustment thread, I know how to adjust mirrors, I know about User Vehicle Data=true for all_vehicles.ini, I've learned about the contents of all_vehicles.ini, I have the know-how to replace all MirrorLeft/Right params with a set of values that work for one car, those values work for all liveries of that one car, but if I go to any other car, the side mirrors are wildly off. I can tell all_vehicles.ini is working, though. But I'm not exaggerating, they are wildly off. It's nuts. And this is with first party cars.

What am I missing?

No other sim acts like this. I don't even adjust mirrors in other sims.

6. redapg

redapg Registered

It sounds a bit strange for me, that the Mirrors of ALL Cars that you have are "off".
    Just as a Test, before you start the Game, rename your ..\rFactor 2\UserData Folder into UserData_BACKUP or something like that.
    Then start the Game, that a fresh UserData Folder gets generated and directly check the Mirrors.
    Does that help?
    And BTW : do you use VR?

7. shovas

shovas Registered

I did this and yes the mirrors were still looking too far out to the sides instead of more behind the car. I tried on the AMG GT3, C8R, and Aston Martin Vantage.

I don't use VR but I do have TrackIR.

*I just confirmed with TrackIR shutdown that the mirrors behave the same.

8. shovas

shovas Registered

This bug is still present in Le Mans Ultimate facepalm

9. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

I just got delivery, delanclip fusion pro / opentrack.
    Hope this works okay with update I understand is coming.

Have always missed not using mirrors.
    Worse thing about a narrow FOV.

P.S. I won't use virtual centre mirrors, back buttons ( only training rookies lol ) or any other arcade help.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2024