Make Historic F3's Great Again!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tucker Fleming, Dec 2, 2017.

1. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Ok I'm sticking my admin hat on for a minute.
    Please stick to the layout chosen for the race. Don't be using the 10k oval to start your timed lap quicker. I will only delete the lap times registered if you do this.
    It can also create problems for cars coming off the parabolica onto the straight. They will not be expecting cars to be merging from there.
    Admin hat off.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  2. andyrohrer

andyrohrer Registered

What is the CSI mod? I'm having the same problem getting on the server, but I don't think I've ever installed this mod and have never previously had a problem getting on.

3. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

It's a league mod that clashes with the default one. If you haven't raced with CSI then that won't be the issue mate. What exactly is happening? We've had 40 people on the server so won't be a server side issue. Are you able to jump on TS to sort?

4. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I just remembered BB had an issue with his Brianza install last time we raced here. A quick re-install fixed it. No idea if it's going to help you.

5. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Well that was another fun but intense race. Four of us broke away and were having a wild battle but unfortunately was involved in a mishap that dropped me down the field. Managed to find a tow and cookie had slowed down for me (cheers mate) so then it was John and I all the way to the finish. I was concentrating so hard I didn't realise it was the last lap so missed trying to slingshot past to the line. Fun, fun, fun as always. Just missed a podium.
    This week we are @ Le Grande in the Porsche 917k or the Ferrari 512s.

6. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Also thanks to all who turned up. Always good to have a big grid.
    Heads up guys (Not talking to the VR guys here), if you don't have Crew Chief installed please seriously consider it. Invaluable tool.
    One more thing: Please, no weaving down the straights. Rules of racing stipulate you can change your line once and then you have to stick to it. Let's keep it all clean and fair please. :)

7. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Going to be a hard slog in the Ferrari around here. Way slower than the Porsche, but in my hands the Ferrari is better under brakes and on corner exit. Might get lucky and see a heap of Porsches teetering on the top of gravel mounds. :p:D

8. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Well that was yet another great race. Had to wring the little Prancing Horse's neck to manage a podium. Sneaky tactic didn't come off but I wasn't too far off the leaders at the end.
    Same cars this week guys, but this time we throw them around Belgium.

**EDIT**
    Strange graphic issues at Rouen so switched.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  9. jimagn

jimagn Registered

I see a F3Fanatics server hosting a trial of the 1937 mod. I'd like to try it, but I'd like to know where to get the mod. TIA

I have the mod and track. I can use them offline. When I try to join the server, rF2 freezes at the screen that says: Joining server ...

In addition I find the mod very strange. The car seems to visually have a hinge in the chassis right in front of the driver that makes the front half of the car seem to sway right and left.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  10. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

11. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Thanks, Paul. I did not have that version.

12. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Bit late this week guys, sry. Unfortunately had to pull out mid race this week so 1st DNF for ages. Congrats to Mick (Stinger1) on his first win.
    This week we are in the same cars but on a short track for something a bit different. The Ferrari is so much fun around here. Slides beautifully and still throws out some pretty good times.

13. jimagn

jimagn Registered

I was able to join the 1937 test server. I was also able to die several times before completing a lap. I love a challenge!

nonamenow likes this.
  14. mel1c

mel1c Registered

I cannot join the server. I have Palm Beach 2.20

15. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I just joined and we've had a few on the last few days.
    Maybe a silly question: are you joining the right server. We have 2 up atm. Otherwise delete the track and D/L again and see if that works.

16. mel1c

mel1c Registered

I have the correct server. I deleted the track and cars. I am subscribed to all 3. It reinstalled them. Still get the error (that I have NEVER seen before). I can run the combination of cars and track in single player.

17. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

What's the error message?

18. mel1c

mel1c Registered

“An error occurred
    Unable to install server mod, most likely cause is missing content
    Please try returning to the main menu, or restarting the game”
    Usually if content is missing it starts downloading it automatically.

19. Supa

Supa Registered

The Server tries to download but sits for ages doing nothing. Thats why I've missed soo many races recently. There's something wrong with the server download speed as my side is fast!

20. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

The server isn't setup to D/L anymore. As Dave (NRT Servers) is severely injured I haven't spoken to him about a fix yet. Download all content from the Workshop.

pkelly likes this.