[WIP] 70's Formula 1

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by ChiefWiggum, Jul 26, 2020.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Lola's T220-222 shared suspension components with it's F5000 car. This fits nicely with your project!

Eric Rowland likes this.
  2. Corgan

Corgan Registered

This is really a great mod, and it's getting better and better! Though the rain tyres looks a little bit flat, I mean, the treads lack some "3d illusion". I know it's not a big deal, just thought I ask if anything can be done to improve the textures.

3. seamount

seamount Registered

Hi, my F1 1970 cars grid it's still WIP, but because of real life problems I do not know if and when I will complete it.
    So I decided to offer you the mod/skins "as is" now, if you could be interested to try it.

The already done cars are and work fine, thank you to the great Chief's mod.
    You can find:
    - 2 Tyrrell (but the right one is the number 2-Cevert; the "1-Stewart" is a previous test)
    - 1 BRM
    - 1 Surtees
    - 1 Matra
    - 1 McLaren
    and to have a better grid you can add the 1970 cars by Chief.

If you like it, you are free to use it, modify the existing cars/skins and add the remaining cars.

Here the file to download:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZJGmk1I9i3jZajTNSA3Nxq_gG86-YzW1/view?usp=sharing

Simply copy the unzipped file here:
    x:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles\F1_70's_Style\0.94

In game you find the cars entry just under "F170", with the name "F170_1970_Season"

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
    Rogger, bears, Mauro and 5 others like this.
  4. Ferrari312

Ferrari312 Registered

@ChiefWiggum I may have missed it but have you decided to stop work on the 67 cars? Just curious - have to plan out my breath holding you know :).

pkelly and vava74 like this.
  5. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

Rogger, BobDobbs, pascom and 7 others like this.
  6. Maurizio Savona

Maurizio Savona Registered

hey mates.. i need your help.

i have created multiple cars with different configurations.
    Each time i want to run a race they are all reset to the default 60s looking car.. no wings or stuff i set up for them.

if i click on force setup for this track, the cars are running all the same configs... how do i make sure they all run the individual configs?

7. Mauro

Mauro Registered

8. Maurizio Savona

Screenshot (85).png Screenshot (86).png Macchina2.jpeg Screenshot (88).png

Sorry for the Images.. but thats the Situation...
    i completly Deleted the game and tried with new and Old Ui but the results are still the same...

i Dont know what i might be doing wrong.

9. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

to create a AI Car you need the genstring in the veh file, so when you have created a Car or Driver you need to edit the genstring entry

10. Maurizio Savona

oh i give up haha...

in the Car and driver i created i only have these files so userdata-settings-player-f1 70s style- driver name : dds json and mas file..

never thought it would be that difficult :(

11. svictor

svictor Registered

It's not difficult, you just need to prepare a few files, and edit some values.

1. VEH file, you can get a copy of VEH from one of the team mas file. Here is an example, red arrows point out important values:
    upload_2022-1-7_21-55-0.png
    You can get genstring value from showroom description, where Chief has written every part's corresponding genstring value. You also need to know the order of genstring, which can be found from mod's GEN file. For this mod, the orders are:
    1. carbody
    2. engine
    3. windscreen
    4. sidepods
    5. front wing
    6. rear wing
    7. airbox
    8. mirror
    9. helmet

Next, you need name VEH, dds, json and other skin related files (such as icon, driver skin, windscreen texture, etc) with correct names. Something like this:
    upload_2022-1-7_22-1-36.png

Last, put those file inside team folder, and it should work in DEV mode (or properly packaging with MAS2 for use in normal game). Repeat for other cars.

Rogger, Eric Rowland, atomed and 3 others like this.
  12. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

So many things to go over. I'm not at my gaming PC, so some of my notations might be inaccurate, but it should give you a starting point.

First question, are you looking at adding an "AI" car with all the body work or just your player car?

If it is your player car, would do what you did. Click on Create folder, and have your textures as alt.dds. When you click on "Force Setup", that sets all your upgrades for that specific track selection. That I think is controlled by the trackconfiguration.ini in the player/settings/[car] folder. Even if you clicked on the force set up once, what you have selected in the upgrades will load if that car and track is selected. It was used for the DW12 Indycar. Modded ovals would load the road course body. Selecting the Force Set up would allow the AI and player car to load the oval body work.

If you are looking for an AI car that has specific bodywork, that will not change, the best way that i found is having a .veh, textures, and .json in a .mas file and that is placed in the Installed/Vehicles/[car]/[version] folder. As @Mauro stated, looking at the complete car packs and how that is done would be best. The body work is controlled by the GenString line in the .veh.

There are pluses and minuses to each way. And unfortunately, the system hasn't been updated. The first way allows for custom skins to be used for online. The second way allows for custom GenStrings and Driver names (if creating a series).

Hope that helps.

Rogger, atomed, Mauro and 2 others like this.
  13. Maurizio Savona

thanks for your help guys !

trying this later

14. seamount

seamount Registered

Hi I am a lover of this 1970's mod, above all the "early 1970 cars"
    May I ask your help about the AI behaviour on Silverstone 1975 track ?
    I noticed many of this mod car AIs (not all 1970-early cars) have big problems staying on the track on those fast corners ... is there a way to fix it ?

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The cars seem to have a default setup that is prone to oversteering. Not just Silverstone. It may be more rear wing and softer springs might help them.

16. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

Maurizio Savona and Rogger like this.
  17. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Problems with AI at Silverstone 1975 happens in other mods to. My races with the 1979 mod had them spinning a lot, running over the kerbs causing crashes.

18. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Mauro likes this.
  19. Mauro

Mauro Registered

About Silverstone 75
    Have you tried to send fix to @senormen?

Maybe he could update the track on workshop

20. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022