[WIP] Autobahn Country Club - SimTraxx

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Keith Carter, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Keith Carter

Keith Carter Registered

The owners of the club and SimTraxx have worked together to get us access to the exclusive automotive country club in the midwest! They have released the version for Assetto Corsa already, but will be converting it over and have the rF2 version available for pre-order. I already own the AC version and have the rF2 version on pre-order. The track is based off of aerial lidar data so it's very accurate. They plan to release it within the next month or two from what I'm hearing. I'm not affiliated with SimTraxx, I'm just extremely thankful that Autobahn is finally coming to rF2 in an accurate form.

https://www.simtraxx.net/shop/produ...m_campaign=rf2-autobahn-country-club-ultimate

[​IMG]

makan likes this.
  2. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I kept seeing it for sale, but I didn't quite see a download. I was questioning if it was actually released.

It's a track that isn't too far away from me. I'm hoping to get down there to spectate the 24hours of LeMons race next year.

3. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

4. Chris Lesperance

Raintyre likes this.
  5. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

Any reviews of this paid track?

6. Chris Lesperance

Well I did double dip. I did end up getting the rF2 version as well. I've only been to the real track once, and that was to spectate the 24 hours of LeMons race. The layout seems really accurate from what I can tell. Looking at ingame vs real onboards, the real track appears to have a lot of skid marks and pavement patching vs the game version looks like nice and clean pavement. AI works, although I've mainly just been doing test sessions.

If you are planning on visiting or racing at the track, I feel like this would be a big help as it is the most accurate version out there.

7. sg333

sg333 Registered

What about the quality of the tracks themselves? There isnt much to go on but the few bits ive found on youtube the trees don't look great?

GertjanD likes this.
  8. vava74

vava74 Registered

Well the video on YT from 3 months ago does not seem to make the price justified.
    The track may be accurate, but there isn't too much effort/work on the textures for the tarmac, curbs, trees, grass.
    All very plain and amateurish looking in my opinion.
    Personally I feel that there is much better value on the work which some modders do charging a "donation", in spite of understanding that it may not sit well with everyone to financially contribute to their work.
    I am not devaluing Simtraxx's underlying work with getting accurate layouts and tarmac meshes, just don't think that, visually, the work warrants the €7,00 without a guarantee that there will be further graphical development.
    The graphical aspect greatly contributes to the immersion and - again taking the YT video as reference - this track looks like vanilla rF1.

GertjanD and sg333 like this.
  9. atomed

atomed Member

I have all their released tracks, and you´re right saying they´re not visually the best out here. Otherwise and not knowing the tracks IRL I´d say I love their work. The surfaces, the AI. There´s not much more to look for not knowing the real track but I´d say I like their work, although I agree, they´re a bit overpriced.
    Edit: After a couple of sessions and a second thought, I don't think their work is overpriced at all.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    sg333, GertjanD and vava74 like this.
  10. vava74

vava74 Registered

In spite of what I said, having read what you wrote, as I am a compulsive rF2 contents' hoarder... which of the paid ones do you recommend for me to buy and test that feel and AI bonanza @atomed ? :D

GertjanD and atomed like this.
  11. atomed

atomed Member

Lol, same here. The ones I liked the most are the Alps hillclimb, which is free now, and the Autobahn. Fatzael is too small for my taste, maybe for karts or drifting it´s okay. In my opinion the track is well done but isn´t worth it because of the layout of the track itself. Transfagarasan and Haguenau are yet to be released so at the moment I´d only buy Autobahn.

GertjanD and vava74 like this.
  12. sg333

sg333 Registered

Are there any other sources for paid tracks for rF2 ? I do love the quirky club tracks like Autobahn but think I'll pass on this unless they give it another pass.

GertjanD likes this.
  13. vava74

vava74 Registered

Well, I just bought it and will let you guys know my opinion later...

sg333, GertjanD and atomed like this.
  14. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

Ok let us know if the ai and mesh are good. I hope they have defensive lines

15. doddynco

doddynco Registered

http://www.lemaxsimracing.com/rfactor2/miseluk

This is a great track and has been updated to include puddle maps. Great surface detail and excellent work overall.

16. vava74

vava74 Registered

I got side tracked and went to check the Alps Hill Climb that I had installed since February last year and had never tried it.
    It's super heavy in VR, but it's superb. So now I am already happy that I bought Autobahn, even if I end up not liking it as the Alps' track deserved to be paid.

atomed likes this.
  17. Keith Carter

Keith Carter Registered

The rF2 version is visually lacking in terms of graphical eye candy, but it is their first release. Accuracy-wise, it's very good but not perfect. They did it all based off of LiDar data from the other side of the globe. There are some brake markers that are missing or out of place and there are some elevations that are also slightly missing, but it's without a doubt the best version of Autobahn Country Club that exists in any sim (they have it in AC and rF2). I think they get a lot of help using a lot of the filters in AC to get things looking great, but in rF2, they can't rely on that. They do have plans for updates (accuracy and graphical), but they are a small team out of Poland so progress is extremely slow. Is it worth several dollars? Yes. Simtraxx seems to focus more on Assetto Corsa and whomever is paying them to do what tracks they're contracted for, but if you're interested in helping to guide what they work on by "demand", join their Discord server and voice your opinions. https://discord.gg/tJamRM

18. atomed

atomed Member

I just did a 80min GT3 race to try Autobahn after long time no use and it was brilliant, at least until the whole thing froze at 60min :p
    I don´t know why this track isn´t a big thing like Road Atlanta or America, the long layout is fantastic. Very flowing, almost hipnotic. The AI is so fast even in low strength settings you´ll find yourself needing to do a 20min consistent stint to get the 2 sec you need to catch the next car. At the start of the race I found them to be too crashy, but later on they stabilized a lot.
    I bought all their content, even the unreleased one to support them and I don´t regret it, they´re a great team and I know Transfagarasan will be that good. Only hope they don´t forget about rF2 :oops:

vava74 and GertjanD like this.
  19. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

Thanks for trying and the glowing review. How is the AIW in terms of defensive lines?

20. atomed

atomed Member

I´d say it´s there but not as agressive as it should, but it´s not a deal breaker.

GertjanD likes this.