Happy Holidays - A December Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

When the company management changes, some employees also change - that is in the nature of things. That is a pity and costs time at first because their work has to be distributed or handed over. In this respect, it can also simply be the transition that we all notice. I would like to mention here again explicitly how happy I am with the developments RF2 has experienced in recent times..... Even if these are in the last time something faltered.... I also wish nice days and a happy new year!

2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

In terms of simulation I have had all of them, now I run in several leagues and only use rfactor, if we have to wait I hope, but let it be to fix errors the tire system and some content especially circuits ... with their pros and cons for me there is nothing like rfactor and there we will continue to be optimistic, maybe there will be a good change this 2022 happy holidays to all:rolleyes::);)

GertjanD and pas74 like this.
  3. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

From my point of view, the right decision.
    Don't publish anything half-finished anymore!
    Rather leave more time. That is the right strategy!
    I hope you follow my wish to fix the 2 Lesmo in Monza so far that it finally makes fun as a single player.
    I am still a fan of this sim, I have experienced great moments with it.
    However, the bugs and in my opinion decisions are piling up, where I honestly can not do anything with.
    Why do I say all this? Because rF2 is close to my heart.
    If I didn't, I wouldn't write anything at all.
    Hopefully 2022 will be a better more stable year for rF2 and you S397!
    I wish you much success with it. I mean it!
    And all a pleasant vacation my friends!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
  4. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

Feliz Saturnalia y próspero año nuevo

atomed likes this.
  5. tobgun

tobgun Registered

have a good X-mas break - we all need it. Hopefully there will be some focus again on RF2 as it is the only sim worth spending time on for me. I am not unhappy with the current state. The UI does not bother me, I know where to click by now and pickup racing i dont need either as I drive in leagues (try that out if you haven't). The only thing that worries me is that this precious driving experience might vanish some day without replacement due to lack of commercial success. So please get your act together and make it a bit user friendly so that new players will generate revenue for you and RF2 can stay around and keeps up with overall tech development.

Adam Helyes and memoNo1 like this.
  6. RNeves

RNeves Registered

MSG being sued is de small thing for me. Institutions get sued for many things and they survive. The constant decrease in share values of MSG is what shows the (lack of) confidence that people have on the istitution.

And a bunch of programmers leaving a company because it was acquired by another company is not normal for me.

I'm not trying to bring RF2 down, as it is the best physics engine out there clearly, and I own and play it since 2014 or something like that. I wish that RF2 becomes the leading sim.

But then, I see things like Hybrid systems (how will they bring Le Mans Hypercars without it?), AI behavior, proper transmission and engine damage model and things like that being relegated or even treated like something that is not a priority.

I honestly hope I can reinstall this game next year and enjoy it again, sometimes it is better to stop for some time and then come back to see real progress.

Until then, cheers everyone, and happy holidays!

7. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

I wonder what people are playing instead that are complaining about RF2 in this thread.

juanchioooo likes this.
  8. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

RaceRoom!
    Fantastic physics and tire model!
    The FFB is unfortunately not as good as in rF2.
    But currently my Sim Nr1. .

GertjanD and avenger82 like this.
  9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Happy Christmas and upcoming new year, and lets hope rF2 never pepsi.

GertjanD and juanchioooo like this.
  10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

to RaceRoom! you take away the sound and trash

I criticize what I see badly and what is not fixed! .., I am optimistic and in the leagues that I run I know what things I have to stick to! (WITH RFACTOR) .. But it will always continue to be my only simulator ,,, a unless something new and extraordinary comes out, ... because so far there is only arcade garbage out there .... oh like iracing weird behavior of vehicles, ... which is also a rental game in which you are never really owner of nothing !.
    "AND YES, WE CONTINUE USING RFACTOR" !!!

By the way, respecting that there are people who use it, the AI does not interest me at all, it is more if they take away one less job!

GertjanD likes this.
  11. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Happy Xmas to the S397 team ! Let's hope that 2022 will good things. I really hope S397 can decide where it goes without strings attached.

12. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Too bad that there's nothing compared to rF2's FFB. I've tried every sim, but I have an expensive wheel, so I can't afford badly made FFB, sorry :)
    FFB was the biggest thing for me in my simracing experience. Back then I used keyboard only in GP2, and when I heard that someone invented a wheel with an actual motor to generate forces calculated by the sim, I was totally overwhelmed. It was 25 years ago, but I'm still amazed by that invention every time I sit in my rig

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
  13. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

because there is no such thing as FFB, it is physics

Sim_Player likes this.
  14. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

At least they say it’s 100% physics based unlike in rf2.

15. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

thousands of years of history led us to this comment

16. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I am happy!
    The FFB is just very subtle.
    The physics are amazing!

juanchioooo likes this.
  17. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

you have a better feeling with a g25 and a full motion plateform (5 DOF), than with a Simucube 2 and a chair....

I can play with Forza 7, Dirt 5, Forza Horizon 5, but I can't play with RBR anymore.
    So for me the graphics are more important than the FFB.

Next year, I'm very hyped with Forza Motorsport 8, with 360hz FFB and 8 points for the tyre contact (Forza 7 is 60hz FFB and 1 point).
    Forza Horizon 5 is for me the best racing game ever made, no doubt FM8 will take the crown about the numbers of players.

I'm not really interested by Raceroom, the graphics are outdated for me.

I represent the marketing target, the majority, that's why we are millions playing with Forza and only 900 players for rF2.
    About Assetto Competizione, it's exactly what I expect from a game today about content, sound, graphics, FFB, features.

The most important is to have fun with what you do, it's just a game.
    If you are happy with only rF2, just play only rF2, it's a minority feeling, a closed mind, like the extremists who only read Bible or Coran....You just miss so many good things.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
    DaREALMastaD likes this.
  18. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Of you have followed them, you know rf2 isn't the cause of this drop in shares

19. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Unfortunately the majority of mainstream movies, music and games suck. I played Forza horizon and I didn't enjoy it at all. Ditto with many AAA titles. I find myself having to go back to the late 90s or early 2000s to find titles that fit my tastes and are made for actual gamers rather than normies (not including indie games).

Different strokes for different folks. The more people that are into something, that's usually a pretty strong indicator that I won't enjoy it. I'm happy with my "minority feeling", it's much better than the "majority feeling" I reckon!

I don't think playing only rF2 is close minded... probably most rF2 players have played many other types of racing games in the past, but how many Forza or F1 players have played a hardcore sim? Probably not many.

You could argue that people who don't dig a bit deeper and experience the more in depth and slightly more obscure areas of a genre (things that take a bit of effort to appreciate), are the ones who are close minded and shallow.

20. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

it must be sad to be an unsastisfied people, who lives in the past.
    I have so much fun today with all the games.
    Get out from your tunnel, dude, go outside, and enjoy the life.

I remember a guy I know, who refuses to buy a phone, to not be slave of the techonology, he was proud to be a minority, and claimed that the majority is fool, blablablabla.... stupid asshole guy. What a sad life for these kind of people.

With my friends, we have so much fun with Dirt 5, Horizon 5, Wreckfest, FiFa....I hope the new year will give you joy and happiness.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021