Brake not working on track

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by RNelson, Dec 23, 2021.

1. RNelson

RNelson Registered

I have my brake pedal assigned and see it move in the calibration section. But on track I have no brakes. All other pedals work fine. The brake works in ACC. Is it something I have done? Strange behavior to say the least...

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Have you set the min & max on the calibration screen?

3. RNelson

RNelson Registered

thanks for asking. Yes, it goes travels from left to right. I don't have braking help on, I tried turning off ABS. I even switched cars. I feel like I am missing something simp!e but can't put my finger on it.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Sorry to be overly cautious... You can see the pedal movement, but did you then set the minimum and the maximum travel. There are two buttons below each pedal input. I just want to rule that out for sure first. (with no pressure on the brake pedal, press the MIN button, then fully depress and HOLD the pedal all they way down and press the MAX button)

Next, check your assignments. My Fanatec pedals can either share a joystick input with the wheel base or separately depending upon how they are connected.
    Look at your assignment for the throttle and note the joystick number. It should say something like Joy1 or Joy2 Your brake pedal 'should' share the same Joystick assignment as the throttle. (mine are actually Joy3)

5. lagg

lagg Registered

Fron left to right?
    The pedals go from down to up.

6. RNelson

RNelson Registered

Yes, thanks everyone for their help.
    I had double checked the assignment - my wheel is one device and the pedals a second and those were correct. When I reassigned I got the same resulting identifier.

The calibration meter runs left to right, no brake to full brake. It had full travel on the meter. I did reset the max and I unplugged and replugged the pedals into the USB port (I should have done this before posting in all honesty) and one of the above made the brake work on track. If I had to guess I think it was unplugging and plugging back in.

davehenrie likes this.
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

angling up from bottom left to upper right...both descriptions would be correct, but it can be confusing :)

lagg likes this.
  8. lagg

lagg Registered

Oh, yes. You're right