KartSim physics been compare to other karting sims

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FERNANDO CABRERA, Dec 16, 2021.

1. FERNANDO CABRERA

FERNANDO CABRERA Registered

Hi people.
    Yesterday I stumbled upon a video from Niels Heusinkveld; a seasoned physics developer for racing sims, and he compared the physics response in current karting sims (Kartcraft, Kartracing pro and Kartsim).

The main issue that he found in kartsim was the artificial response in the torque curve in the karts (100% torque at low rpms); this could be fixed by getting the real data out of a dynamo in each kart and plotting it to the rfactor2 model.
    How easy or hard this can be is beyond my knowledge; but it is a way to improve the simulation inside KartSim even further.

avenger82 and Ricardo Diz like this.
  2. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

Kartsim "contacted" Niels and he had to modify the video

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Let's just post the new video:

*** edited

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
    Raintyre likes this.
  4. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

Niels oh Niels..he put 200% steering sensitivity in settings,but he didnt check garage options for steering ratio.its true it is little hidden,you need to scroll down a bit for steering ratio.There is slow,med and fast options and he drove with slow setting..
    This is funny stuff...:rolleyes:

5. FERNANDO CABRERA

Any how I always see those kind of videos with a grain of salt; there're a lot of preferences of a car (or a kart) should drive.
    There's always an opportunity to improve and this kind of comparison can give some insight of what can be done to have an even better product.
    I'll continue enjoining KartSim for the time been.

6. Comante

Comante Registered

How those video should be useful when someone does not even bother to setup the car or the sim appropriately?
    A simulation is not something that you can install , try 5 minutes and decide it is good or bad. Too much things affect the results. You should invest a considerable amount of time before making comparisons.

Nieubermesch and atomed like this.
  7. FERNANDO CABRERA

Those videos can be a guide to the majority.
    I have been sim racing for more than 10 years and find the car setup boring. I just drive, if I believe everything said by others I won't be enjoying rfactor2 the way I have done in the past 4 years because there are many critic voices against the sim.
    Regarding car setup I found the mechanic in pcars2 suitable for my needs, jus tell him what was the problem and it did the adjustment it self, something like that could be implemented in the future for those that do not like grease in their hands.
    There can be a lot of observations to the way the test was conducted, but it is more important to identify what can be improve than saying he did not do x, y or z.
    In the end the driving experience for me in Rfactor2 have no match in the driving end (for the way I use it), add the modding community and the simulator is a compelling experience.
    ...And yes, the first 5 minutes (actually 10 minutes) can create a deep impact in people to the point it can brake or make any deal.

Nieubermesch likes this.