Released New Release Candidate Update - Client 7969457

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Binny

Binny Guest

As a few know i have gone to IR for a break, honestly following iracings CS and then improving/changing on that would be the best way to go as it works and the community supports its, and yes its not perfect but sets the platform on how it should be done. Ui yes i believe they have been slack in this area as some guy seems to add fix change stuff in it regularly i have heard. IM a bit upset about the blogs as i seen that as a way of getting some info directly from s397, and feedback you are not going to always get 5 star ratings, when reading them i go str8 to the 1 star to see what they say b4 ever reading the 5 stars. As for the code i dont know how bad ISI left it but it was not good & i dont know if they can fix it or if they can how long it would take.

2. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

This RC isn't certainly the end of the world, that's right. And there might be some really good content that is indeed outstanding. What you seem to misunderstand a bit, especialy regarding the comparison with AMS2 and RRE is that the basic user experience is simply better in those two games, wich is still a big obstacle for rF2. Considering in what state AMS2 was released and in wich state it is now it shows a big difference between Reiza and S397. They have a very clear understanding of priorities and what needs to be done to offer exciting, unique content and to rectify the biggest issues in a timely fashion. Also regarding content: all the AMS2 DLCs have been very attractive, from the cars to the tracks. I don't know why, but I don't even have to think about buying the Racin' USA stuff. Their offering and pricing make more sense aswell, the different sales are used in a fair and attractive manner. In rF2 we recently got two finctional cars for the price of 4,99 each, where one is pretty controversial electro stuff and the Formula Pro clearly being a lost opportunity. Would that car have shipped with a hybrid system it might have been a success but it's just another fictional car with a V10. The DTM car was a nice present, no question, but it won't bring new users.

We are at a point now where we have equal numbers of reviews for AMS2 aswell as for rF2 on Steam and it won't be long until AMS2 has more average players due to the afforementioned points with an advantage for AMS2 and rF2 getting worse and worse reviews. This is a big issues for S397 as new potential players are easily put off by those bad reviews. And you can be pretty sure that quite a few people went from rF2 to AMS2. This is just a guess from my side - and please don't take this as a dig against the FE fans - but I would argue that many users bought rF2 initialy due to the historic content. At the beginning this was one of it's selling points. This part of the sim has been completely neglected while FE, wich is a very controversial topic on it's own, has been a top focus for S397. It's not bad per se, to have this as some kind of second big area, but looking at the recent trends, the 3rd party section here in this forum and the success of AMS2 and especialy AC, it's so damn obvious that historic racing cars and tracks make products alot more interesting than FE. Here is hope that they release the Group C DLC that they talked about, but the features need to be added aswell, especialy proper h-pattern support as in the other titles.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

VR never had the labels even before the new UI, and they didn't add them for VR now. Does that not suggest a possibility it's more difficult than you're assuming?

See Alex's post here - it's by design: https://forum.studio-397.com/index....-clouds-with-new-build-on-a-few-tracks.70871/

4. Havner

Havner Registered

Again. Making racing sims is hard. What kind of argument is that? Why should he care? It's nothing more than a poor excuse.

dylbie, Mibrandt and Nieubermesch like this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm not making excuses. If people will make statements suggesting that something could/should have easily been done, I would expect some reason for saying so.

6. Havner

Havner Registered

Where did he say that?

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I quoted it.

8. Havner

Havner Registered

Right...

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

+100

TheGame316 and Elcid43 like this.
  10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You don't think 'right away' suggests it would have been quite easy to do, 'while they were there'? (paraphrased) That's how I would take it.

No, he didn't use the word 'easily'. You are correct.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  11. Havner

Havner Registered

No I don't think so. "taken VR support into account right away" for me means "at the same time". Or how you correctly paraphrased "while they were there". This doesn't indicate whether he thinks it's easy or not.

And putting that aside he was talking about a simple (yes, I use this word with premeditation) feature that was missing for a year (cause they forgot about it when updating the UI). And when they finally reintroduced it while praising how better it is than it was people were expecting that it would work in VR. Whether it did before and whether it is difficult or not to implement is irrelevant here. This is a sensible expectation. Especially after it was missing completely for such a long time cause of their own fault (forcing new UI onto people while it was missing features the old one had).

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

'At the same time', can't happen if making it work in VR will take significantly more work. That's why I point out that possibility. I don't know; you seem confident that's not the case, and I'll defer to your wisdom there.

FWIW there a number of things that I know (from my own experience, and knowledge of rF/rF2 files) would be relatively easy to implement, that also haven't happened. So I'm not defending any lack of progress here, as I have my own frustrations.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  13. Havner

Havner Registered

And since when they knew this feature got lost in the transition? A year at least, probably much longer. They could've re-implement it 5 times during that time and make it be carried by butterflies at the same time. And don't tell me they started working on it just now. This is feature that was there and got taken away by their incompetence. Priorities, remember? Or lack there of.
    Precisely. All the more I find your willingness to offer them excuses disturbing.

memoNo1 likes this.
  14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I fully expect they only worked on it very recently. That seems to be the way the dev has been happening for years - an area gets worked on, some bugs or oversights come up, and nothing happens until they return to that area again.

Oh come on.

15. Havner

Havner Registered

That would be something, wouldn't it?
    [​IMG]

ebeninca and Elcid43 like this.
  16. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

ACC has tags on the roof in VR, so it may be possible, what happens here is like everything, they leave it and they leave it, and they leave it ... there were four things, now there are many, in VR you can't change all the cars on the track If you want to do an on-board "IF THE NUMBER OF CARS IS EVEN" on the monitor if possible, it is a thing that is corrected as easy as changing 1 x 0, but of course, every time they touch the code they forget ... like so many other things ... and so they go

obviously if it is an odd number if it works to be able to move to all the cars

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
    McFlex likes this.
  17. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Well, nothing to continue adding errors to the trunk of memories:(

DaREALMastaD likes this.
  18. McFlex

McFlex Registered

This is the most ridiculous bug i have ever seen in rF2 :D

In the begining i thried to report as many bugs as i saw, but in the meantime i am to frustrated as they never would get fixed.

juanchioooo likes this.
  19. Travis

Travis Registered

Whilst this thread is probably very difficult for the dev's to read, I feel most of the feedback is warranted.

For years we end users sat around waiting for ISI to work out what they wanted to do with rF2 as other sims slowly caught up with rF2's features. When S397 came on board, the rF2 user-base was overjoyed.

As we head into 2022, it feels like rF2 has slipped back into the same situation prior to S397's arrival. With some really good sim racing alternatives available, it's very hard not to get disillusioned.

Let's see what the major updates scheduled for December bring; if it's all smoke and no fire, the user-base will continue to contract and rightly so. I'm optimistic however my patience has become very thin.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
  20. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

AC 2

Elcid43 likes this.