Widescreen HUD

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Vanisch, Dec 17, 2021.

1. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my Config_dx11.ini which is overwritten every time rfactor 2 starts. After the last update, I didn't have a WidescreenHUD and I set it again in the ini, I also set the WidescreenUI to 1. And yet the two values are set to 0 again every time you start, so that the HUD and the UI are not on widescreen again.
    What can I do so that the Config_DX11.ini is not always overwritten with the old values? Where does he get the old values from?
    I do not understand that.

Thank you for your help.

Vanisch

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

3. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

arrrghhhh...yes...
    can that be the problem?
    for 3 hours looking for where the error is .. :-(
    Thanks Lazza

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The hope is the longer you spend trying to work something out, the better you remember the solution/lesson. I'm still not sure that works, myself :D

All the JSON/ini files are only inputs, so if the game seems to ignore your values then trying to 'lock' the file to avoid it being changed won't help - the game will still ignore your values, as internally it's decided it won't accept them.

Locking files can help only when the game takes your values, but then for whatever reason writes other values to file while it's running or exiting, and so next time you run it your values are gone.

Vanisch likes this.